FishDuck Article

Oregon Locking Horns with Alabama Over 5-Star Prospects

Some fun recruiting information here, and I'm impressed with how Oregon is turning around recruiting for running backs...

Richard-Young-RB_Sharpe-Sports-Video-300
FISHDUCK.COM

The Oregon Ducks are stacking up on offense amid the current recruiting cycle as they look to challenge for top honors next term. The program has commitments...

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Would be nice to get 3 or more 5* in this class. That would be the best Christmas present I could get this year.

• Let’s hope! 3
  • Like 1

Richard Young would be the equivalent of another Jonathan Stewart--big and fast.  Come to Oregon!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

What will be interesting is the vibe we have now and the vibe we have after a few games.

I tend to think it will be similar, but the Ducks are flying high before anything has happened on the field. If we beat Georgia, the program will have quite the tailwind. If we lose a couple there will be a bit of a headwind. 

This is why I want to see exciting football, again, from the Oregon program. If the Ducks are exciting again the elite athletes will be lining up to be the next great Duck.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Reading blurbs like this one makes me hopeful, optimistic. Yet, I think patience is the key to my personal mental health. Looking forward to seeing how this all works out for OBD.

• Applause 1

It’s good to hear a coaching staff that’s says it’s looking for the re-emergence of an Oregon Identity that use to slice through front sevens like butter, and kept secondaries on their heels and looking lost. You build that re-appearance on the sound, fundamental principles preached by DL and his staff and they will come.

Edited by Washington Waddler
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Oregon is on "also visiting" list of some impressive dudes. Going up against blueblood schools like Bama, tOSU and USC. Take a big set for a school like Oregon to get in the mix with the big boys. 

Gotta start landing some of these guys soon. It's a tall order but if UO whiffs on most of these guys, it won't look good and will steep'n the hill. Next few weeks are critical. 

Going up against these powerhouse programs put UO in the "little brother " position. But as often happens, little brother becomes big brother. Rooting hard over here. Let's hope Lanning and his staff can reel in some of these big fish.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

To me, priority would be Dante Moore then any one of the other 5* guys.  Two 5* along with the other blue chips that make up 50% of the recruiting class would be a very successful year.  I like Avery Johnson but he would likely need more time to develop than Dante would.

On 6/21/2022 at 1:54 PM, kirklandduck said:

To me, priority would be Dante Moore

Agree.  This would be a great get!