Tandaian

New Era in Ducks Running Backs

LaMichael James. De'Anthony Thomas. Kenjon Barner. Royce Freeman. Thomas Tyner. Byron Marshall. These are just some of the names that have made up Oregon's running back room in recent years, one that's been a model of consistency powered by dynamic duos.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Jordan James was a very nice recruiting win for Oregon.  I watched him play in a televised game last season and he was awesome.  I was very excited about him coming to GA, and very disappointed when he chose Oregon instead.  Although, at least he didn’t turn us down for a conference rival, Ohio State, or USC Lol.  You gotta good one Ducks.  Well done!

After all this, we did sign a kid named Andrew Paul from Texas that looks promising.  Not as highly rated as James, but Paul looks pretty good.  

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think we have guys that will give most PAC 12 teams problems. It will be interesting to see who we land on as our feature back this year.

The nice thing is that we have good depth and looks like we can easily have three backs rotating into a game if necessary. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/21/2022 at 2:43 PM, Drake said:

I think we have guys that will give most PAC 12 teams problems. It will be interesting to see who we land on as our feature back this year.

The nice thing is that we have good depth and looks like we can easily have three backs rotating into a game if necessary.

I agree.  I am happy how our running back room is looking and possibly what the future will continue to be!   Fresh legs with a constant rotation through out a game would be a game changer.

Fresh legs also means possibly less chances of injuries.  So many different ways using more than one running back on the field at the same time.

Go Ducks, Fly High!

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

The RB room really is stacked. Yet still a great deal unknown. 

All but James have some college experience too.

Will there be enough touches to go around?

Don't forget Seven on some end-arounds too.

Once again, just one more thing to watch and learn about our Ducks this year. 

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Heard DL wants to bring back the Wishbone! 

• Haha 4

On 6/21/2022 at 1:23 PM, shawnski said:

Johnny Rodgers, Greg Pruitt, back in the 70's we can remember when Oregon went to Neb. and OK, and got slaughtered, '74 at Nebraska, 61-7, '75 at Oklahoma, 62-7 Not so much in these games, but those teams were fun to watch!

• Applause 1

On 6/21/2022 at 7:43 PM, 30Duck said:

Johnny Rodgers, Greg Pruitt, back in the 70's we can remember when Oregon went to Neb. and OK, and got slaughtered, '74 at Nebraska, 61-7, '75 at Oklahoma, 62-7 Not so much in these games, but those teams were fun to watch!

Yeah, Johnny Rodgers at Nebraska and Greg Pruit at Oklahoma were similar backs, fast, quick shifty, leave you grabbing at air when you thought you had them type backs.

Nebraska's more pro-style offense allowed Rodgers to get lots of opportunities in open space. Pruit turned the grind it out wishbone into an explosive offense with his speed and illusiveness. 

They were both fun to watch. 

Not really seeing Oregon resurrecting the wishbone though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/21/2022 at 1:23 PM, shawnski said:

Maybe the Ducks put in a play or two against the Fuskies with McGee, Cardwell and Jones or Dollars behind Nix.

DL can shake his fist at the UW sideline and yell "Don't you just WISH you had this BONE!"

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

On 6/22/2022 at 10:17 AM, OhioDuck said:

Not really seeing Oregon resurrecting the wishbone though. 

Agreed.  If you want to get players ready for the NFL...

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Charles, you referred to this 'loaded option' back in November 25, 2014. Time for a revisit!

Charles, you referred to this 'loaded option' back in November 25, 2014. Time for a revisit!

Featured-Pic-300x300-cropped.jpg?p=93419
FISHDUCK.COM

Oregon has unveiled a play that has it's roots in the Wishbone Offense of the 1970s and 80s and allows for more flexibility in their Spread Offense attack.

Mr. FishDuck

Really anything with multiple formations and motion is good.

Not the static pistol plunge we've all grown to love 

I have to say, I absolutely love the potential of this room now and for years to come.

Byron Cardwell (former 4 star) is a star in the making.

Sean Dollars (former 4 star) has speeeed to burn.

Mar'Keise Irving (former 4 star) already put up 699 yards last year in the B1G.

Jordan James (4 star) is a coveted recruiting win for the Ducks.

Noah Whittington (former 3 star) turned heads during the Spring Game and is reportedly a workhorse.

Dante Dowdell (4 star) is 6'1" and 210lbs?!

And Richard Young (5 star) is on campus this weekend...

Coach Lock has all the keys necessary to dominate the PAC on the ground.

• Great post! 1