Charles Fischer

Receiver JR Waters and DE Isaac Townsend are Transferring

But with the new class of WRs coming in--if he wasn't playing a ton now, his chances later are limited.  I wish the best for him.

Mr. FishDuck

A lot of quarterbacks, a lot of receivers, hope he finds a place to play. 

Harsh reality of it all as well is that this is a good thing... more room for transfers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also DE Isaac Townsend is in the transfer portal as well...

Article by Duck Territory 247

I keep looking at the scholarship limit, the incoming class, and then the weird COVID era rules.

My feeling is that no matter what, some people have to go. but I'd rather it be nobody. This is why I am not a coach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FishIceCream said:

I keep looking at the scholarship limit, the incoming class, and then the weird COVID era rules.

My feeling is that no matter what, some people have to go. but I'd rather it be nobody. This is why I am not a coach.

It is SUPER complicated with that rule... basically the only "free" scholarships this year are bonus year seniors (4-5 year seniors + covid year). Everyone else is given an extra year of eligibility but for the purposes of scholarship count THIS YEAR they are part of the 85.

Though I am with you... I really really don't want to be in charge of organizing all of this.

This makes me think of the proverbial “Who Shot J.R.?” question.

Better luck to JR Waters.

Isaac Townsend's short ride as a Duck perplexed me. I could of swore I heard or read that Cristobal and Avalos were high on him and then during the season this year he was no where to be found.

Almost wonder if there was some sort of personality conflict or something that happened. 

Aaaaaa  the problems of having to many good players. 

giphy.gif

My hope is, that maybe Avalos, Arroyo or the Beavers might be able to upgrade with one of these talents.  Knowing a coach or a program does not mean you have success but maybe the year under the mentorship of the Oregons Coaches and Strength Coaches helps on another program.  You have only so much time and before you know it, your a graduate with a "what do I do next?" problem.

• Thumbs Up 1