Smith72

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu Highlights--Oregon Stud

Tight coverage, tough tackler, and all around Mr. Hustle.  The alliteration of his name alone sears his memory in my Duck heart!

• Like 1

Ifo was lock down. One of my favorite Ducks. Plus his name is awesome. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I felt so bad for him when he was injured and I think it was in practice for a post season game his senior year. Don't quite remember the details.

That injury kept him from an NFL career. With his skills and attitude, I think he would've had a solid NFL career.

• Thumbs Up 3

His loss maybe the main reason we didn't do better in the 2014 natty. We couldn't load the box to stop Elliott.

Hell we were the favorites to win it. Seems to be a recurring theme. The players we lose to injury, cost us dearly.

• Thumbs Up 2

I remember the recruiting luncheon in Eugene the year that Ifo was signed.  Chip told us that he watched the film of Ifo for just two minutes, turned it off and told the assistant coaches, "he can play."

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu stops a TD_KC_FP.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/22/2022 at 8:24 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I remember the recruiting luncheon in Eugene the year that Ifo was signed.  Chip told us that he watched the film of Ifo for just two minutes, turned it off and told the assistant coaches, "he can play."

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu stops a TD_KC_FP.jpg

Yes, he could play. His junior year was the best. Something like 47 forced fumbles, returned an INT for a TD against Arizona

• Thumbs Up 3

He actually had both ACL and knee injuries simultaneously at the end, which severely compromised his ability to compete in the NFL.  Really unfortunate as I had no doubt he would've been a starter for a pro team somewhere....at least his family had taken out insurance for him and was able to get at least some money for the loss of career he should've had.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1