cartm25

Ohio State University Wins Trademark for the Word "THE" . . . And Now I Loathe Them More!

the Ohio State University is the team I hate the most. I did not think my hatred could get any more powerful (cue Emperor Palpatine), but recent events prove I can loathe them even more:

220622-ohio-state-university-mn-1630-0d2
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

After years of legal wrangling, OSU was awarded trademark protection for the three-letter article from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

• Great post! 1

I'm dating a "THE Ohio State" woman right now (she's from there and her son is enrolled there) and I have to admit she's pretty obnoxious about how much she loves THE Buckeyes...we went axe throwing on a date the other day where the bet was if she won, she got to paint my face like THE Ohio State guy and I had to do the rest of the date like that...or if I won, she had to wear my Ducks jersey for the rest of the date.  Boy was she unhappy about wearing that jersey the rest of the night 🤣

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1

I guess what I’ve never understood about the seed pods need to distinguish themselves with the article ‘the’ is that there isn’t any other Ohio State in Ohio other than themselves that they need to distinguish themselves from.

• Mic drop 1

May we always be the Oregon Ducks, and never The Oregon Ducks.

There are definitely a few programs, like the U, who tend bother me a bit. If I get in a discussion with a The or a U alumni, along with a few others I just move on, like is too short.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe it'll catch on:

Huck THE Fuskies 

How's that 

• Haha 5

On 6/23/2022 at 8:43 AM, Haywarduck said:

May we always be the Oregon Ducks, and never The Oregon Ducks.

There are definitely a few programs, like the U, who tend bother me a bit. If I get in a discussion with a The or a U alumni, along with a few others I just move on, like is too short.

I don't believe in cultural appropriation but if there ever was a case it is Miami taking the U.  It belongs to the Utes.  🙂

• Applause 1

What the hell is a buckeye anyway. Maybe they could patent a different vowel at the end of Buck like a U

Regardless of whether they are

tOSU Buckeyes

The OSU Buckeyes

or thee, though or the

whatevers.

The Oregon Ducks came into their house and beat them. The crowd was stunned and silenced.

The Oregon Ducks owned the day, the field and scoreboard........

• Mic drop 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 2

I went to Grad School in Ohio and absolutely detested the  arrogance of THE Buckeyes. Growing upon the Pacific Coast made that easy, as did the antics of Woody Hayes.

I am also  proud to say that my Dawgs have never lost to the  dreaded Bucknuts! Last year, I was rooting as  hard for the  Ducks as my good Duck buddy was. It was indeed a sweet win.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

How can anybody trade mark The???  In the words of the great Don Rickles--The not tho thy?

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2022 at 7:48 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

How can anybody trade mark The???  In the words of the great Don Rickles--The not tho thy?

Agree. With no intention of revisiting any political issues, it smacks of Bill Clinton trying to own the word ‘is’.

I've reached a level of loathing toward, "THE" than can be raised no longer. It just goes on boiling. The victory at the 'shoe, combined with the win by the Tall Firs in 1939 over Ohio State are cherished occasions.

It would be great if the Ducks could do the THE what they have done to the Eww bunch, but the THE actually have good, if not great teams, so it will take a while, but as Khan told Captain Kirk, 

image.jpeg.2ef64720f453580fb11f444cc78c9729.jpeg

• Applause 1

To Hay with Ohio State-- THE Oregon Ducks-there! sue me!!!

Im going to walk THE dog--sue me

• Haha 1

Guest Axel

I grew up in Ohio and learned to hate Ohio State at an early age. At least I thought I hated Ohio State, but it turns out that I didn't know the meaning of that emotion--not even close, until I moved away to Oregon and was introduced to that depraved, vile, abominable institution called the University of Washington.

Ohio State does have at least one redeeming quality--it gave us the world's funniest comic and laughing-stock, Woody Hayes. But the Huskies have zero redeeming qualities. In fact, it is illegal, at least in Oregon, to use "quality' and "University of Washington" in the same sentence. The penalty, upon conviction, is to spend a summer in Seattle locked inside T-Mobile Park for every Mariners game. 

Where Buckeye fans are arrogant, obnoxious, and nasty, Husky fans are just plain stupid, and the things that come out of their mouths are so bizarre that they inflame the most hostile intentions of the nicey-nicest. It's no coincidence that Washington went 0-12 the same year that the Dalai Lama visited Seattle. Even His Holiness quickly learned to hate the Huskies, and happily, his prayers that year were answered.

National team championships

Oregon 34

Ohio state 31

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/27/2022 at 7:55 AM, Just Ducky said:

National team championships

Oregon 34

Ohio state 31

OK...that surprised me.  Think of it...the Pac-12 is the first conference to have 500 National Championships, the first conference to have 200 womens championships and the first to have a school at 100 championships in UCLA.  But now Stanford and USC does as well, and it is pretty impressive.  Four Pac-12 teams in the top ten...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Where's the Fuskies??

Prowess????