kirklandduck

Archie Manning Commits to Texas

a7b330c0-ac37-11ec-98eb-d9ef1e0adbf3
WWW.YAHOO.COM

The nephew of Peyton and Eli is heading to Austin. He chose the Longhorns over Georgia and Alabama.

The biggest QB domino has finally fallen, this means the remaining uncommitted QBs (particularly Dante Moore) will likely have more attention paid to them. 

Isn't Archie Manning a little too old to be going back to college?

I'll leave now...Trap Door Doors GIF

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So many Mannings, they all look the same to me lol

On 6/23/2022 at 1:05 PM, kirklandduck said:
a7b330c0-ac37-11ec-98eb-d9ef1e0adbf3
WWW.YAHOO.COM

The nephew of Peyton and Eli is heading to Austin. He chose the Longhorns over Georgia and Alabama.

The biggest QB domino has finally fallen, this means the remaining uncommitted QBs (particularly Dante Moore) will likely have more attention paid to them. 

Interchangeable ears and hairstyles will do that!

Well good for him...nothing like going 8-4 at best for a couple years before NFL money arrives.

I expect we will see Quinn Evers change schools once again. He's already made more bank than all our UFA's made collectively this past draft!

And he hasn't played one snap of college football. 

Who will end up with bigger payroll?

Texas or Texas A&M?

On 6/23/2022 at 2:38 PM, DanLduck said:

I expect we will see Quinn Evers change schools once again. He's already made more bank than all our UFA's made collectively this past draft!

And he hasn't played one snap of college football. 

Who will end up with bigger payroll?

Texas or Texas A&M?

HAHA! Funny post and good points. 

Quinn can't hit the portal again without sitting out a year, if he wins the job this year then I think Arch will sit a year behind him in 2023. 

I’m a little disappointed.  We recruited Arch pretty hard.  Texas will likely get several other top recruits bc of this.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/23/2022 at 4:07 PM, SoGaDawg said:

I’m a little disappointed.  We recruited Arch pretty hard.  Texas will likely get several other top recruits bc of this.

Undoubtedly true. So many people have  asked how I took the Texas commitment. My response: We'll live. The Dawgs QB room was already stacked, and OC Todd Monken will make good use of one or more of them.

Not sour grapes at all, as I had actually preferred emphasizing 24 QB Railoa in the first place. He's an Ohio State commit now but I wouldn't be surprised if Smart makes a real run at flipping him.

• Thumbs Up 2

No doubt..,you will get yours…

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/24/2022 at 1:33 AM, Nevada Dawg said:

Undoubtedly true. So many people have  asked how I took the Texas commitment. My response: We'll live. The Dawgs QB room was already stacked, and OC Todd Monken will make good use of one or more of them.

Not sour grapes at all, as I had actually preferred emphasizing 24 QB Railoa in the first place. He's an Ohio State commit now but I wouldn't be surprised if Smart makes a real run at flipping him.

I agree, no sour grapes here either.  I’m disappointed he chose Texas and it’s a negative hit for our recruiting class, but I wish Arch the best.  Perhaps the media storm will die down a bit now over his recruitment.  That’s gotta be much for a kid to handle.  

As far as Railoa,  I also agree.  He will be very good.  Committed to tOSU but what’s the saying?  “Many a slip between a cup and the lip”  It’s likely Kirby tries hard to flip him. Maybe wishful thinking, but you never know.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/23/2022 at 11:00 PM, SoGaDawg said:

It’s likely Kirby tries hard to flip him. Maybe wishful thinking, but you never know

Well in the era of the transfer portal it isn't entirely over even when they have inked their letter of intent and are on campus. 

So flipping is a real possibility... For anyone at any time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Former Husky coach, Sark, has come long way since the U$C firing.     

• Applause 1

Now there is a salesman, worst record since the Charlie Strong era at Texas, and he brings in the #1 qb. His overall record as a head coach is 51-42, a winning record, but nothing to bet the house on.

The guy was a good assistant at Alabama, as many have been. Maybe what Saban really teaches is how to recruit?  He failed as an assistant in the NFL, then has done mediocre at some top schools with all the resources.

If I had a choice I would have gone to Georgia all day. In this day and age of the portal, maybe these kids are just figuring they will jump around. It also looks like he followed his high school TE teammate, and best friend. Interesting choice in my humble opinion.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don’t really care where any Manning goes or what they do so long as they are all  permanently  banned from doing TV ads.

Edited by Washington Waddler
spelling