Charles Fischer

Canzano: Trail Blazers Bet on Shaedon Sharpe's Upside

I know there are some Blazer fans among you...

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

Portland picks 19-year old Canadian.

Mr. FishDuck

I hoped the Blazers would draft him. Portland needs to shoot for the moon. Trading the #7 pick for mediocre vets would get Portland nowhere. The Blazers aren't Duck Football, they don't have all stars lining up hoping to play for them. They have to draft their good players against their will.

I hope it works out, but I like the scrappy kid we drafted with the 6th pick years ago. He was a 2* high school prospect who was a force in college ball.

The Blazers have a checkered past going after high school phenoms. They actually are terrible in the draft, and we can only hope this guy breaks the trend. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My X and I were package season ticket holders for many years then the team stopped playing defense. Lets just hope the Vulcans sell to someone who cares.

Only Phil Knight's involvement gets me to care about the Blazers or the NBA anymore.  My 12 year old self from 1977 is still in shock about how little I care about the team or the league.

Vulcans continue to make the same mistake....never fully committing to a strategy.  I understand Dame is good, but to rebuild, he's the only guy who can bring value right now and should be traded.  Admittedly, his rapping will be tough to replace. 

Edited by idontrollonshobbas
  • Applause 1