Haywarduck

Some Nice Quotes From Ty

Here is a couple nice articles with some of Ty Thompson's thoughts.

ty-thompson-oregon.jpg
WWW.ON3.COM

Oregon quarterback Ty Thompson gave a candid answer about the upcoming competition with Bo Nix and Jay Butterfield ahead of training camp.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Interesting!

• Thumbs Up 1

All of these static passes are impressive, along with Nix's pass practices we have seen, but it is going to take a leader and reader of defenses to lead us to greatness. I do like Ty's discussion about learning how to lead the team better from Nix.

The edge a great qb has is about leading the offense. That entails reading a defense and really being able to lead the defense into what you want. It also takes a qb who knows his teammates and can take advantage of matchups because he knows who can do what.

There is also a certain quality to a great qb where the players don't want to let him down. They will go the extra yard because they know he has their back, and can get the best out of them.

The truly great qb may come out of this fall practice. He also may be visiting this weekend. It is exciting times to see the next phase of the Oregon Offense!

• Thumbs Up 1

I think our qb room is awesome. 

Yet at the same time I'm a bit blue cuz only one can play.

To become great, they each need game experience. And barring injury, only one will get it.

I expect the coaches will choose to start our best option to win, and with the competition it should only help make that one even better. 

I sure like the sound of Ty's attitude. 

He seems ready for his chance.

On 6/25/2022 at 1:39 PM, DanLduck said:

I think our qb room is awesome. 

Yet at the same time I'm a bit blue cuz only one can play.

It looks like Nix will probably start game 1.

What would be nice is if game 2 goes a little like the Spring Game: Nix starts the first quarter and if he has the ball at the end of it, he finishes the drive in the second. Butterfield finishes the first half.

Thompson starts the 3rd quarter and if he has the ball at the end of it, he finishes the drive in the 4th.  Butterfield then finishes the game.

If they planned to do that, Thompson would know he is the starter in the second half (and will be ready to go) and Butterfield could possibly get more snaps than each of the other two.

Game 3: start the best man from how the first two games went.

Rest of the season: Get a lead early enough that back-ups get meaningful snaps almost every game.

If the starter ever goes down, let's have someone ready to take over for a change.

• Thumbs Up 2