rden

Mario Cristobal Gets Jaden Rashada

11015836.jpeg
247SPORTS.COM

Pittsburg (Calif.) quarterback Jaden Rashada is headed to the Sunshine State for college...

He'll enjoy the Miami sun and handing the ball off to a RB who gains 2-3 yards after running into a defensive lineman.

It's all good... by the sound of it we will get Moore so no tears here.

• Thumbs Up 4

It will be interesting to see if he shackles this kid like he did Justin Herbert

MC can recruit. He can also win games. Just maybe not the way fans want. Only time will tell if it's enough at the U.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's always good to know what will be available in the portal in a few years!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/26/2022 at 4:00 PM, David Marsh said:

He'll enjoy the Miami sun and handing the ball off to a RB who gains 2-3 yards after running into a defensive lineman.

It's all good... by the sound of it we will get Moore so no tears here.

Mario hired the Broyles Award winner Gattis away from Michigan to be his OC. I would think Gattis isn't going to be having his play calling wings clipped to hard, He is going to want to be a HC someday and won't want his Rep hurt.

Plus, Mario has TVD back and all the U fans know how he held Herbs back, and they will go APE if he does the same with TVD. The U fans who weren't on the Hire Mario bandwagon have a list and are waiting to yell about anything they can. That includes holding TVD back, choking up games late to teams they should beat, poor clock management, and not least of all calling a timeout before a snap is made in a football game. 

I'm expecting we are going to see Mario embrace a more open offensive style. 

Edited by DazeNconfused

On 6/26/2022 at 5:19 PM, DazeNconfused said:

Mario hired the Broyles Award winner Gattis away from Michigan to be his OC. I would think Gattis isn't going to be having his play calling wings clipped to hard, he is going to want to be a HC someday.

I said effectively the exact same thing with Joe Moorhead. I was convinced that Moorhead would want a power five job again and needed to keep his reputation as a strong offensive mind in tact. 

Now, Moorhead did improve the MC offense but it never seemed to get close to the offense that Moorhead created at OSU. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If he could coach as well as he can sell, the hurricanes might have a chance. I am afraid this is like having your top salesman become the CEO, that doesn't end well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I am not a betting man, but you sure tempt me.

No way (IMHO) that happens; he has been given positive reinforcement to the tune of 8 million a year to do it just as he did at Oregon.  "I'm smarter than everyone else and 8 million a year proves it."

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

A leopard doesn't change his spots 

Heck he almost killed Joe Moorhead 

• Oh no! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/26/2022 at 5:23 PM, David Marsh said:

I said effectively the exact same thing with Joe Moorhead. I was convinced that Moorhead would want a power five job again and needed to keep his reputation as a strong offensive mind in tact. 

Now, Moorhead did improve the MC offense but it never seemed to get close to the offense that Moorhead created at OSU. 

Moorehead was never at OSU, he was at PSU under Franklin with McSorley as his QB and Barkley as his tailback and won the 2016 B1G Championship and played USC in a Rose Bowl Shootout. That game had over 100 points scored and was Sam Darnold's breakout year.

Edited by DazeNconfused

On 6/26/2022 at 6:26 PM, DazeNconfused said:

Moorehead was never at OSU, he was at PSU under Franklin with McSorley as his QB and Barkley as his tailback and won the 2016 B1G Championship and played USC in a Rose Bowl Shootout. That game had over 100 points scored and was Sam Darnold's breakout year.

Oops.. typo on my part there. I do recall typing PSU but it autocorrected to OSU. 

On 6/26/2022 at 6:28 PM, David Marsh said:

Oops.. typo on my part there. I do recall typing PSU but it autocorrected to OSU. 

I think The OSU got it Trademarked to auto correct PSU to OSU, that crowd is shameless. 

You made a great point though, Joe used to pound Barkley and Air the Ball Out, it was a 40 plus point a game offense. We didn't see that from Joe here.

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2022 at 5:41 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I am not a betting man, but you sure tempt me.

No way (IMHO) that happens; he has been given positive reinforcement to the tune of 8 million a year to do it just as he did at Oregon.  "I'm smarter than everyone else and 8 million a year proves it."

Mario is a Saban disciple and Saban got it back in 2014 when he hired Lane Kiffin. I've read quotes of Saban saying we decided we had to outscore people. 

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0929%2Fncf_bama_
WWW.ESPN.COM

When Nick Saban wanted to modernize Alabama's offense, he turned in a surprising direction. But his partnership with Lane Kiffin planted the seeds for the record-breaking Alabama offense we see today.

There's a chance Mario figures it out a decade after Saban did and opens up the offense. He has a great OC in Gattis that he just needs to let do his thing and learn from like Saban did with Kiffin.

Wow, his NIL deal is rumored to be $9.5 million

jaden-rashada-turned-down-millions-will-
WWW.ON3.COM

Jaden Rashada “left millions on the table” from NIL by picking Miami over Florida. Yet, his deal looks to be the richest ever for a recruit.

On 6/26/2022 at 5:49 PM, shawnski said:

A leopard doesn't change his spots 

Heck he almost killed Joe Moorhead 

Nah, Moorhead almost died of a perforated colon. MC had nothing to do with that. 

On 6/26/2022 at 6:44 PM, deschutesduck said:

Wow, his NIL deal is rumored to be $9.5 million

jaden-rashada-turned-down-millions-will-
WWW.ON3.COM

Jaden Rashada “left millions on the table” from NIL by picking Miami over Florida. Yet, his deal looks to be the richest ever for a recruit.

Ruiz is Mario's bother in law and does the LifeWallet thing and that's going to be worth billions. So, Mario's bother in law funds the NIL.

Hell part of Mario's 80 million deal is Ruiz money and the guy wants to build a new stadium

Edited by DazeNconfused

On 6/26/2022 at 1:00 PM, David Marsh said:

My thoughts exactly.  Only, Rashada is not built like Herbert and Brown.  He will get hurt, if he doesn't bulk up.

Miami's offensive game plan for next season:

1st down:          run up the gut for little to no gain

2nd down:         run up the gut for little to no gain

3rd and long:    checkdown short of the sticks

4th down:          punt

Edited by DuckIt
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Should be a good redshirt year for him watching Tyler Van Dyke get vastly under-used and coached down. My guess is Cristobal roles with him again the next season and Rashada sees more of the same; he may get some mop up duty preseason but nothing more than handoffs and checkdowns. By the start of year 3 Josh Gattis is hired off as a HC, Rashada has seen enough and is off to the transfer portal; seeking anywhere that will let him throw.

How many incoming 5* recruits end up starting and being really good? Wondering if anyone knows the percentage?

I meant QBs. I'm unable to Google on my phone.