NJDuck

Oregon Becomes Favorite to Land 4-Star LB After Official Visit

Go Ducks, Fly High!  Hopefully will continue to see more good news coming out this last weekend visits.

DucksWire_RP.png?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Another Crystal Ball Prediction for the Ducks logged after an impressive recruiting weekend.

• Thanks 1

I was hoping we would have more commitments by now, not crystal balls. Better than nothing but I'm just saying.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/27/2022 at 11:56 AM, Duck 1972 said:

I was hoping we would have more commitments by now, not crystal balls. Better than nothing but I'm just saying.

This is typical for recruiting, and Oregon generally does not have tons of commitments by now, although we have great momentum at the moment.  Eight commits before July is pretty good for us....

Recruits go home to discuss, and they also need time to have their video made for Social Media, and want to announce nowadays with family as a community event.  Now there may have been silent commits over the weekend, (and I'll bet there was) where they tell the coaches that they are verballing, and will do so now in the dead period for recruiting.

Right now does not give a true picture; the December signing date will.  Patience.

As for your other questions on other threads....Google is your friend!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I agree. I'm getting a bit tired of checking the Reddit college football forum every day and there's tons of big time players committing to other schools. Is our process of allowing players to commit all of a sudden different? Because it's been crickets for us for quite a while.

• Applause 1

On 6/27/2022 at 2:13 PM, 2002duck said:

I agree. I'm getting a bit tired of checking the Reddit college football forum every day and there's tons of big time players committing to other schools. Is our process of allowing players to commit all of a sudden different? Because it's been crickets for us for quite a while.

I am quite convinced that between the buzz created by this coaching staff, and what recruits see on the field this fall--that we will get our 25 signees.  And I think it will be top-ten class...

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Love the highlights.  Great speed, a rag doll tackler.  Hope we get him.

On 6/27/2022 at 2:26 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I am quite convinced that between the buzz created by this coaching staff, and what recruits see on the field this fall--that we will get our 25 signees.  And I think it will be top-ten class...

Agree Charles.  Miami, OU, Florida, Michigan, LSU, TexA&M are all currently trailing the Ducks.  None have more than eight commits yet most (Including UO) will be in, or close to, top ten when all is said and done.

Who I'm concerned about is USC. They have 3 5* already. I was hoping we would be at least on par with them in recruiting. We at least have to do that if we are going to maintain a hold on the conference.

I know patience is called for but I thought we had even better recruiters than MC and they would produce even more top talent. With all of the advantages we have, I don't believe any other program has as many.

I do believe we should be pulling in more 5* than we did in the past because of those advantages. We sure had them come for visits.

I sure hope your right Mr. FishDuck. But until I see them commit I just don't know. Been down that path to many times.

• Thumbs Up 1

The entire coaching staff has been on campus for less than 6 months, and haven’t coached a game yet. They finished very strong with 2022 recruiting (that could have been a disaster) and also kept some talented players from transferring out of our program. 

I think our coaching staff is going to bring in several highly ranked recruits for 2023. This staff is young and energetic, and I believe that they will work their tails off to deliver the goods. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I hope we ransack the Pac this fall, double down on Ewetah, and the Georgia upset puts us 13-0 going into the playoffs at early signing...and about 8-10 5* kids sign on early.  Hey, could happen

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 1