NJDuck

Torres' Take: What Landing Dante Moore Would Mean for Oregon

I am not sure if this article was mentioned, but what is worth noting in this article is a paragraph talking about Cedric Baxter Jr. emerging as a top target for Alabama at running back.  Maybe we have a great shot at landing Young to Oregon.  Love the picture of Moore handing the ball off to Young.  Moore/Young combo at Oregon?

Go Ducks, Fly High!

AAYVyG3.img?h=315&w=600&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=f
WWW.MSN.COM

The Ducks have gained undeniable momentum for a top QB in 2023

• Great post! 1

I don't know about Baxter to Alabama....

Mr. FishDuck

Websites that report news are hard-up for content, as that article is just a bunch of "blah-blah" that we already know.  "If Moore comes to Oregon--it will help further recruiting!"

giphy.gif

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

It means other top recruits will join the Ducks Flock, we will all be slapping each other on the back saying how great Lanning can recruit!

We will also be saying how lame Mario was on offense and we won't be losing any of these recruits to the Portal after they feel they got sold a bait and switch.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Right now UW is 21st ranked team in 2023 recruiting. We are 27th USC is 12th.

On 6/28/2022 at 3:47 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Right now UW is 21st ranked team in 2023 recruiting. We are 27th USC is 12th.

Washington just had a string of new verbals...as they have 12 verbals, but 11 are 3-Star, with only one 4-Star on Rivals.  By contrast Oregon has eight verbals with half, or four of the 4-Stars, with more coming.  The Huskies have more points because they have more verbals at the moment.

We will have 25 commits eventually, so I do not hit panic button this early.  I am not trying to be dismissive of your concerns, but I believe they are premature.  I have been following Oregon recruiting closely for nearly 25 years, and continue reading everything about it on the two subscription Oregon sites.

I have also written quite a few recruiting articles over the years as well.  I am not saying I am always correct, but I do believe your concerns before July 1st are a bit early.

We will get ours.

CaliFlock_Twitter.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

I agree. That's not why I posted the rankings. I was just trying to point out UW is doing a good job of recruiting. I think that will surprise some people in OBD family.

I think we need 4 great teams every year in the Pac. That will help our national rep. The Ducks, USC,  Utah and UW would be a nice start. Then a UCLA, Ariz, Oregon State, and Stanford could sneak in every once in a while. SC, Utah, or buttsniffers would drop out. 

We need UW to be good, just not that good which shouldn't be a problem.

If you consider a typical class of 25 players, they are halfway there with only one four-star player. By the time it is over, I don’t think they will even be in the top 30 in the nation, which is not that great.

Compared to Chris Peterson, that is not good recruiting, which is what my point was.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/28/2022 at 7:18 PM, Charles Fischer said:

If you consider a typical class of 25 players, they are halfway there with only one four-star player. By the time it is over, I don’t think they will even be in the top 30 in the nation, which is not that great.

Compared to Chris Peterson, that is not good recruiting, which is what my point was.

Not it's not compared the Peterson, but Pete had long time west coast connections. 

DeBoer don't have that, so he needs to show he can turn a 180 with this team from last year. That will boost him into a 2024 class that still might not be as good as Pete did

I just published a post a few minutes ago expressing my concerns on the recruiting ranking matter. Then I read this post, and the comments. I feel put at ease now.