Krsmqn

I Know It's Still Early, But ...

... I can't stand to see Washington above Oregon on this list.

Oregon isn't jumping the gun on recruits. Taking their time, evaluating, vetting. Getting the best fit for the program. 

This is what I'm telling myself. I really think that the best is yet to come, and Oregon will be fine next time we get LOI's signed. 

But I still have this nagging worry that we won't get great results from this "amazing recruiting staff".   Paranoid perhaps? Probably. 

190438219_2023OverallPac-12FootballTeamRankings.thumb.png.1d599b3745912eb14934615e00ebbcf2.png

But still, I can't stand to see Washington above Oregon on this list.    👉🦆

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Patience...patience.  Have faith in Dan-Lan.

Edited by WiseKwacker
mistake
  • Thumbs Up 2

I am surprised that people are concerned at this stage. Simply because any team has more verbals at this point, we eventually end up with the same number verbals, but Oregon’s quality of class is much much higher.

Trust me on this, Oregon will have a much higher class than Washington, and what takes place in June really doesn’t matter.

One 4 star out of 12 verbals for Washington, versus four 4 stars out of eight verbals for Oregon, is quite a difference already. It is just that Washington gets additional points momentarily because they have more verbals.

I thought most of us had already been through this and kind of knew how it works. But it is not anything for us to be concerned about. Oregon will get theirs.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

This early look at the average recruit grade. Ducks got a 90.85 to the UW 87.35

The Ducks have a higher quality grade of commits while UW has lower quality recruits in the higher quantity. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes but a 3rd or 4th best class in the Pac isn't that bad, is it. Remember they are also a new staff.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want them to be better than us and obviously they won't be as you and Mr FishDuck have pointed out.

It feels to me that the puppies have already forced themselves into locking up a 3 star average class with that big volume of 3s.  Yawn.  Even purple shades Softie worried about that on his show today.

Edited by AllOregon
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

I  have to concur with FishDuck's post above. June isn't as early as it used to be with so many croots  deciding to get things over with so they can concentrate on their senior season. But realize that Oregon probably has only about half (or less) of the croots they will eventually sign  at this point. Plus...

It seems after reading this board that Lanning is not being shy about going after top recruits. These guys like to explore their many options and are not especially inclined to  commit early. This may well be why other schools (UW) have more recruits at this juncture than the Ducks. It is not how you start; its all about the the finishing kick!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Washington would rather have our recruiting class right now. 

They have more commits in number but we have more four stars. 

In the end the blue chip ratio is what matters the most and that is the ratio that looks at the whole roster. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Seattle's media market is the 2 largest in the PAC's footprint. If we want the PAC to matter, UW has to put a decent product on the field as much as USC. Just not as good as the Ducks.

Their staff is also new this year. At least it's an improvement over the flake of Montelake. I hate the buttsniffers as much as anyone on the forum of decorum and know our DOMINANCE of them will continue.

But realistically they have to be in the mix for any chance of the PAC returning to relevance.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I haven't been too terribly concerned, namely b/c I keep telling myself we're going after BIG FISH while they're catching minnows.  Granted, there is some inherent risk to that strategy if we fail to land some of those big fish, but I'm also seeing a bunch of blue-chip recruits from other schools decommitting and re-opening their recruiting status.

Understand, we're forcing our way into the big boy conversation now and if we fail to land some of these 5-star phenoms (which I don't think will be an issue), then I'm confident in our ability to lure enough 4-stars away from other programs that we'll end up top 2 recruiting in the PAC...

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 1:29 AM, David Marsh said:

Washington would rather have our recruiting class right now. 

They have more commits in number but we have more four stars. 

In the end the blue chip ratio is what matters the most and that is the ratio that looks at the whole roster.

Plus I think Washington is in somewhat of a panic, they are losing out on their brightest stars in their own home state as well as the transfer portal.  They have been able to attract only one 4* athlete.  That is the state they are in right now.  I could be wrong on this assumption, but it seems it is what it is for them and they are accepting what they can accomplish.

Edited by NJDuck

On 6/29/2022 at 6:29 AM, NJDuck said:

but it seems it is what it is for them and they are accepting what they can accomplish.

Maybe the coaches... 

But that fan base is in firm denial. They think everyone wants to go to UW and are simply being bribed not to go. 

They are adorably delusional. 

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1

On 6/29/2022 at 9:32 AM, David Marsh said:

Maybe the coaches... 

But that fan base is in firm denial. They think everyone wants to go to UW and are simply being bribed not to go. 

Sooo True!

• Thumbs Up 1

Could be one of the reasons recruits are delaying their verbals is the wait and see game on what the portal will do.

On 6/29/2022 at 8:24 AM, Washington Waddler said:

Could be one of the reasons recruits are delaying their verbals is the wait and see game on what the portal will do.

I think for many of the blue chip recruits they are playing the NIL market a bit more. 

Some schools are willing to get into bidding wars early... Tennessee and Miami being two rather public cases with their 8mil+ quarterbacks. 

Other schools, and I think Oregon is one of them, are opting to build relationships and offer some NIL early but avoid any bidding wars, at least until the end of the process where NIL is potentially less of a factor, note less but certainly not a non factor. 

We saw Oregon swoop in and build a relationship with Connerly and then do some negotiating on NIL towards the very end of his recruitment. 

• Applause 1

Remember how highly the dawgs were ranked, and perceived last preseason? They then went out and lost to Montana at home to start the season. 

Let's let them win a few things which really don't matter. The recruiting battle, before anyone has signed, that is fine. Preseason ranking before any games have been played, almost comical. 

They will hang their hats on these few metrics and complain about how unfair college football is. We will focus on the bigger picture and solve the problems ahead of us. In the end the dawgs will continue to be who they are, and we will continue to become who we are destined to be.

I don't see the purple poodles an this list.

• Thumbs Up 2

Will be interesting to revisit this topic in a month or so.  I suspect the Ducks will be significantly higher on the list by then.

I will say this: if we land Moore and it happens the same way Tennessee or Miami did it, I will be sorely disappointed (in us and him)...

• Applause 1

Here's the Recruit the Husky Honks have their hopes on:

image.jpeg.4765c3899130ee4a928e378c4d317207.jpeg

• Haha 3

On 6/29/2022 at 9:41 AM, 30Duck said:

Here's the Recruit the Husky Honks have their hopes on:

image.jpeg.4765c3899130ee4a928e378c4d317207.jpeg

A REALLY BIG lineman!

And so talented too.

There ain't a chance in you know what that the leg humpers beat us in recruiting not even close. 

Just to be clear how badly we are beating them in recruiting we took the no 1 rated player out of Washington last year.  We have a great shot at taking the no 1 player out of Washington this year and the no 2 player out of Washington and possibly the no 3 player.  We are kicking their ass in their own state....that's gotta hurt!!

But I'm sure there are some low browed husky fans crowing that they are beating the Ducks in recruiting right now.   Idiots!  🙂 

• Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1

On 6/29/2022 at 6:32 AM, David Marsh said:

Love it! That could make a great bumper sticker for them to give to their recruit's parents.

UW. Adorably delusional.

On 6/28/2022 at 9:02 PM, Charles Fischer said:

It is just that Washington gets additional points momentarily because they have more verbals.

Verbals like Sir Mells and Ben Roberts who are now Ducks?

Great conversation, fellas!

I know Oregon will beat the purple puppies come next February (and November 12th!). I just honestly hate those leg lifters sooo much that it pains me to see them higher than the Ducks on any (good) list, even if the view is skewed. 

Awesome comments from an awesome community of posters. I love it ... almost as much as I love our Ducks! 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

Ahhh The Fuskies are just like my retirement fund--They're going DOWN!!!!