1Ducker1

We Talk a Lot About Our O-Line But...?

What about our D line? We need them too.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1

Lanning didn't exactly knock one out of the park in the 2022 recruiting class where the D line is concerned. A couple of 3*'s, a 4*, and a trio of 3* transfers. Add that to the mix of what we already have, and we are looking at decent depth building. This year, we've got a 3* on the list, but it's early yet. I'm hoping for some 4/5* studs to join the flock and change the direction of defense for our program.

Time will tell. 

• Thumbs Up 1

We def need some beef if we are going to compete against the big boys.

• Go Ducks! 1

Hicks, Greene, Gardner, Bowers all came for official visits. Greene and Gardner look like best shots at this point.

5* Hicks would be a monster get, but he is crystal balled to aTM. Out of Texas so it'll be tough but we are in the running.

Bowers is already committed to ATM so maybe if Hicks signs to ATM we can flip him or visa versa.

Maybe Dad can pull off last minute miracle just like we did with Connelly.

Also our defensive line will be 1 of our strengths. Dorlis, Popo, DJ Johnson,  Swinson, Ware/Hudson, Tamani, Rogers, Riley that's serious depth and talent. Yes they are 3* but all upperclassmen and experienced.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 9:14 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Also our defensive line will be 1 of our strengths. Dorlis, Popo, DJ Johnson,  Swinson, Ware/Hudson, Tamani, Rogers, Riley that's serious depth and talent. Yes they are 3* but all upperclassmen and experienced.

The Dline will be fine.

FYI- DJ was a 4-star top 100 player around 80th, Hudson-Ware around a Top 247 Mater Dei kid about as high as any of our DL recruits , and Tamani was a 4-star also. I think Dorlus is projected 4th round pick right now.

Mario and Coach Joe were never really able to land anything but a 200-250 rated DL guy. It would be nice to get a couple top 100 DL guys

Edited by DazeNconfused

On 6/28/2022 at 9:06 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Hicks, Greene, Gardner, Bowers all came for official visits. Greene and Gardner look like best shots at this point.

5* Hicks would be a monster get, but he is crystal balled to aTM. Out of Texas so it'll be tough but we are in the running.

Bowers is already committed to ATM so maybe if Hicks signs to ATM we can flip him or visa versa.

Except for Hicks all those guys are the same 200 to 250 rated players like Mario and Joe were getting as a ceiling.

We really need some Elite DL guys

So would every team in the country. There aren't that many of them and they are mostly all from the south.

I don't know but weren't the linemen from UGA 3 and 4 stars that Lanning and the position coach, coached up?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/28/2022 at 9:36 PM, Duck 1972 said:

So would every team in the country. There aren't that many of them and they are mostly all from the south.

I don't know but weren't the linemen from UGA 3 and 4 stars that Lanning and the position coach, coached up?

No UG has been loading up last few years. The huge Nose they had was a 3-star. 2022 class they got a 5-star DL and Edge dude last year and like two other top 100 DL dudes. The lowest of the DL group Kristen Miller didn't sign until the late period and visited Eugene, I was hoping Lanning could get flip him along with Jordan James. 

Here is the DL player rankings off 247, there are a dozen in the Top 100

4_11059039.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

The 247Sports rankings are determined by our recruiting analysts after countless hours of personal observations, film evaluation and input from our network of scouts.

On 6/28/2022 at 6:06 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Wiltfong is the one who put in the crystal ball for aTm back in Aug. 2021.  After David Hicks Jr.'s visit to Eugene though, even Wiltfong was having serious thoughts about changing his prediction to the Ducks. 

That is how much the Ducks moved the needle, and that is the kind of lasting impression that Coach Lanning and the Ducks left him and his father with, two weeks ago.  For all we know, the Ducks could have stolen the lead.  Still, I fear aTm will dangle an NIT deal in front of him.

I posted this article over the weekend.  Here it is again:

Edited by DuckIt
  • Thumbs Up 1

Recruiting is great but what about NOW?

On 6/28/2022 at 10:07 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Recruiting is great but what about NOW?

We have that big Nebraska transfer on campus now. He will need some work and some polish but he'll get some work in. 

Also I don't think we are national title contenders this year... Playoff... Yes, but not the whole thing just yet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/28/2022 at 9:06 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Womack came for a visit also and he's closer to the DL guys that Dazed is hoping for.