Kurt Rambis

5-Star Mookie Cook Decommits from Ducks Basketball

Re-opening his recruitment.

10962321.png
247SPORTS.COM

Late Wednesday night five-star small forward Mookie Cook dropped a bit of a bomb. Ranked No. 5 overall by 247Sports in the...

That one hurts and is really surprising.  My guess is there's a large NIL deal in play here somewhere 🤦‍♂️

Until I see a five star hooper actually do something for the Ducks, I'm not going to care about losing them. I'd take a solid three/ four year four star over a five star one and done any day.

• Great post! 1

On 6/30/2022 at 11:54 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Until I see a five star hooper actually do something for the Ducks, I'm not going to care about losing them. I'd take a solid three/ four year four star over a five star one and done any day.

Wow, I'm glad I read this before I drank a whole lot of Paul Newman's Lemonade & Limeade, verry good point about 3 for 4 >5 for 1. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow. This day just keeps getting worse for sports in Oregon. The PAC 12 is dead, Oregon Basketball loses another five star and shows they can't seem to keep them, and the Blazers overpay Simmons on a 4 year/$100M contract. The only good thing that could happen is for Oregon to announce they are applying to join the Big 10, and for the Blazers to trade for Kevin Durant. The Ducks basketball program seems to be hapless when it comes to keeping top talent even when we get it. No hope there.

Edited by 2002duck

On 6/30/2022 at 3:37 PM, 2002duck said:

Wow. This day just keeps getting worse for sports in Oregon. The PAC 12 is dead, Oregon Basketball loses another five star and shows they can't seem to keep them, and the Blazers overpay Simmons on a 4 year/$100M contract. The only good thing that could happen is for Oregon to announce they are applying to join the Big 10, and for the Blazers to trade for Kevin Durant. The Ducks basketball program seems to be hapless when it comes to keeping top talent even when we get it. No hope there.

That is a bit over the top, as Oregon has a loaded roster returning.  Richardson coming back may have been a buzz-kill for Mookie...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Hopefully a Duck alum lands him.