Charles Fischer

'If Big Ten and LA schools WANTED Washington, Oregon, Stanford and Cal, They Likely Would've Included Them in the First Place'

Our friend Log Haulin, posted this in another thread, but so many truths are in it that I had to make a separate thread for it.

"The Big Ten decided to take the Pac-12's best assets for itself and leave the Pac-12 to die."

"Make no Mistake--This is a Death Sentence for the Pac-12."

usc-ohio-state.jpg
FOOTBALLSCOOP.COM

Attempting to think our way through a California earthquake that leaves the Pac-12 in ruins and changes just about everything for just about everyone.

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

BYU thrived for decades as the only real team in a conference.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seattle is a top 15 market and Oregon has a bigger fan base than SC.  IOW, UO and UW have real media value and probably travel as a pair.  By kicking the stool out from under the conference they leave no choice for those schools to leave

If you are the B1G are you really only having two west coast teams?  

On 6/30/2022 at 9:46 PM, CalBear95 said:

Seattle is a top 15 market and Oregon has a bigger fan base than SC.  IOW, UO and UW have real media value and probably travel as a pair.  By kicking the stool out from under the conference they leave no choice for those schools to leave

If you are the B1G are you really only having two west coast teams?  

As I have state before. Why not take the whole West Coast TV market? It’s not about records or skill. Rutgers and Maryland proved that. 

The rest of the PAC don't have big enough stadiums and la la land

On 6/30/2022 at 6:50 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

As I have state before. Why not take the whole West Coast TV market? It’s not about records or skill. Rutgers and Maryland proved that. 

This is an interesting point.  Is this really about football revenue for the BIG?   Or is actually about grant money which dwarfs  football revenue?  Does that play a roll here?  

There has to be a reason that the BIG added Maryland, Rutgers, and UCLA and not Oregon, who is Top 10 in football viewership. 

If the B1G let the Seattle (Oregon as well given ties to UW) and Bay Area media markets fall to the Big 12 then I would have to say they are abject morons.  Seattle is a T15 market and if you add a sorry Rutgers for some weak hold on the NY media market I have no idea how you don’t scoop up the value

Said another way, what’s the value in letting those media markets die/go somewhere else for another decade?