CalBear95

I am now Drinking Margaritas and Dwelling in Despair

I’m bipolar and even I can’t take these mood swings.  I’m not even a Duck and I feel a sense of dread at being relegated to play the PNWs version of Okie St for the Big XII

The Ducks are soooooooo close to becoming perennial and the just like that, it slips away.  

Why why why why why!!!!!!?????

And then my wife comes in and asks me what is my problem and I go back to hunting for crumbs of information on what will happen knowing that they don’t exist 

I’ve fallen so far I am even following Canzano on Twitter.  God help me….

Edited by CalBear95

I don't like how this is shaping up for half the conference either...Cal being one of them.  I LIKE our conference as it was...

Teams like Oregon State will eventually have to cut sports, and Cal may cut sports they've won National Championships in with less revenue due to the loss of the LA market.  If Oregon does not join the B1G, then I predict we will have to cut most of our sports as well.  We'll end up with Football, M&W Basketball and Track.  

Time to hit some tasty Oregon Craft Beer IPAs...

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/1/2022 at 5:53 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Time to hit some tasty Oregon Craft Beer IPAs...

Agreed!!!!

Why didn’t I think of that?  Really having a bad day

Here is what stumps me: how does SC and UCLA make that travel work?  Set aside money.  These trips become almost akin to professional leagues.  

IDK.  Apparently (and I already knew this) I don’t do patience all that well.  I want everything to solve itself *rightnow* when the truth is not that.  

And I haven’t even begun to process this for my Bears.   <sigh>

Im floating down the Hops river as we speak, somehow I lost a paddle and I dont care.

• Haha 2

On 7/1/2022 at 6:02 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Im floating down the Hops river as we speak, somehow I lost a paddle and I dont care.

OK, this made me think of my childhood and my parents playing Willie Nelson’s Whiskey River.  You made my day with that.  Thank you!

• Thanks 1

I saw 1 post that said it would make sense for B10 to add ND (if they want to might want to stay IND) Ducks, UW, and 2 of the following Cal or Stan or Utah if ND goes.

I don't drink... you can thank me later. Trust me, the world is a safer place. I do play guitar and chugging gets out a lot of aggression. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/1/2022 at 6:06 PM, Log Haulin said:

I don't drink... you can thank me later. Trust me, the world is a safer place. I do play guitar and chugging gets out a lot of aggression. 

• Ive played for 50 years and somehow my playing gets worse after about 6 beer's 😞
  • Go Ducks! 1

A little herb and I'm doing ok especially after processing my thoughts to come up with reality, not what I want reality to be.

Yeah.  I am with all of you.  I am really going to miss the PAC-12.  It is bumming me out, but maybe the buffalo trace and IPAs are helping a little bit right now.  

hey on the bright side we are not Beavis

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2022 at 6:10 PM, 1Ducker1 said:
  • Ive played for 50 years and somehow my playing gets worse after about 6 beer's 😞

I haven't been playing very long. 6 month. I have all positions of blues and pentatonic scales pretty well. I am better than I thought I would be at this point. Everyone should play 🎸

• Applause 1

On 7/1/2022 at 6:44 PM, Log Haulin said:

I haven't been playing very long. 6 month. I have all positions of blues and pentatonic scales pretty well. I am better than I thought I would be at this point. Everyone should play 🎸

It can sure help through bad times to play!!! And you can learn something new everyday.

• Go Ducks! 1

On 7/1/2022 at 6:47 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

It can sure help through bad times to play!!! And you can learn something new everyday.

I can put on Am blues track and jam along. One of the funnest things I have ever done. I'm 53, better to start at 53 than never at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got back from vacation mostly avoiding internet and news, then I come to this? WTH?! I figured the sheet would hit the proverbial fan somewhere while I was gone, maybe Ukraine or the stock market, not the Pac-12  in the offseason. Not happy.

• Yikes! 1

On 7/1/2022 at 6:54 PM, noDucknewby said:

Just got back from vacation mostly avoiding internet and news, then I come to this? WTH?! I figured the sheet would hit the proverbial fan somewhere while I was gone, maybe Ukraine or the stock market, not the Pac-12  in the offseasons. Not happy.

Welcome home😡

On 7/1/2022 at 6:56 PM, Log Haulin said:

Welcome home😡

Yeah fun's over now.

On 7/1/2022 at 6:57 PM, noDucknewby said:

Yeah fun's over now.

Hopefully its not as bad as it looks.

What really irks me is that some So Cal private school just flushed the toilet on all of the rest of The PAC

On 7/1/2022 at 7:01 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

What really irks me is that some So Cal private school just flushed the toilet on all of the rest of The PAC

And the LA school approached the B1G first. Everyone finds out when the deal is done. Shady as... nevermind! UCLA is not a private school. There is a link in OBDF. 

Edited by Log Haulin
  • Thumbs Up 1

I do feel sorry for all the other Pac-12 teams.  So Cal schools really put them in a bad spot.  I'm not sure UCLA gets out of this quite so easy though.  Evidently there are some laws in California that apply to public universities so we will see. 

When we previously played UCLA I always  wanted to beat them but I didn't have any malice toward them like the Spoiled Children.    Now when we play them I hope we kick the crap (hope that word is allowed) out of them!!

Hopping on the bandwagon, drinking an IPA feel like I've been punched in the gut about 10 times with all this stuff.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Knock the stuffing out of their schnitzels!

• Thumbs Up 1