1Funduck

Wow! ...The Ideas are Flying Like a Flock O' Ducks!

I haven't seen so much written interest for a fan site... like.... ever! Pretty incredible.

The more I think about this cat'astrophy, (that's for you Charles), the more I am warming up to it. I have known for 10+ years that we are all going to Super Conferences, I just thought it was going to be the PAC leading the way. I didn't think of it as arrogance, but more like geographically hopeful. Of course, money drives it all. However, I just want what's been built over these last 30+ years to not fade into obscurity. Oregon has literally risen from The Toilet (bowl) and now battles for a conference crown each and every year. 

While there is a path to keeping the PAC solvent, I'm left with feeling it will be an also ran conference. How does The PAC remain relevant? We just got noticeably weaker, like 40% weaker by money, eyeballs, and team strength. How does The PAC maintain and even possibly grow into one of the major 4? The Big 12 seems to be the logistical answer, but I hate it. Outside of Texas schools, where is the prominence of any team associated with the Big 12? 

How about the ACC? Same problem but add another time zone. 

There is a solution in my mind.... no laughing. Maybe it's time for 'The Super American Conference'.

24-32 teams in 4 pods. The PAC Pod stays the same but boots Utah and Colorado. Combine the left overs of The PAC, The Big 12, and the ACC to create 8 team pods. With 32 teams then this conference becomes a monster. You play everyone in your 'Pod' and 1 team from each 'Pod' every year. 

This covers the dreaded travel issue and helps the schollies among minorities as well. Even as I write this, I hate it. I hate everything about this shake up. I am warming to the idea, but only because I have no choice in the matter. The cold reality is that Oregon would most likely do the best, at least for the fans, in the B1G. Oregon/UM, Oregon/ND, or Oregon/OSU in Autzen every 4th year sounds incredible. But, can't we just poach Miami, Florida State, Clemson, Baylor, Houston, Ok.St, along with 4 others, and make an East West Conference? Play your division and 1 team from the other side.

What do I know? I need another cup of coffee.

• Applause 1

All I know is,

6lkkz3.gif

• Haha 1

Change is inevitable, but I sure don't like this cat'astrophy USC/UCLA have put us in!  

So many traditions down the drain. None of the alternatives seem exciting at the moment.

So sad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Makes me hate California even more.

Well, it's fun/not fun to speculate on what might happen conference wise, but I'm glad that I don't actually have to try to do anything about it. I'm hoping that the powers that be that do have to try to do something  will come up with something that will pleasantly surprise us all. Fingers crossed.

• Let’s hope! 2

On 7/2/2022 at 7:46 AM, Just Ducky said:

Makes me hate California even more.

Seems like a long time ago, Oregon created a buzz in football innovation and excitement.  USC and Ucla have been out of the lime light for sometime now.  Leaders, lead, wake up Oregon.  I could be wrong. . .

• Applause 1

Anyone else think the idea that every school has veto rights on any conference decision is moronic?

For that matter, does the B1G actually have that policy?

Seems equally moronic to allow USC/UCLA have that same veto power before actually leaving the PAC, officially, doesn't it?

• Thumbs Up 1