Charles Fischer

J.T. Tuimoloau is Stringing Out His Recruitment

Geez.  He won't sign next Wednesday on National LOI day and may string this out until April?  More details below...

No. 1 prospect J.T. Tuimoloau won't announce on Signing Day, decision still a ways off by Duck Territory, 247Sports

Mr. FishDuck

I lose interest when recruits drag things out, so will continue to breathe. 🙂

He must be undecided on going to play at the horseshoe every weekend and wants to see it before committing. More time for Mario and team to make him realize who JT Tuimoloau can become at Oregon.

It must be enticing to follow some of the DE's who have played at the buckeye university. The question is does he want play with group we have and become his own legend while at Oregon.

In some respects....the more time that passes since that ugly Bowl game, the better.  Get him out here to see some of our progress on campus!

DyeStat.com - News - Oregon Athletes Get 'Christmas Moment' Friday At Hayward  Field

Mr. FishDuck

This is a great demonstration of how a top tier talent can really do whatever they want with their recruitment while other recruits are finding the early signing period a blessing as they can sign and lock down their college early.

Just an interesting observation ... or not...

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Santa Rosa Duck said:

Drama Queen?

Yes. With the hats on the table or peeling jerseys off, now LOI day isn't a big enough stage for JTT? Of course I'll be thrilled if he ultimately decides to be a Duck. But, really?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Santa Rosa Duck said:

Drama Queen?

In truth I'm not sure... I think he is at the very least careful and deliberate as to where he wants to go and wants to do his due-diligence. If he was really after the drama he would be making more news on a regular basis. Pretty much all the news are the musing of fans and rumors.

I can respect the wait and prudence in checking out the programs he is interested in. The pandemic has made it hard to really know where you will end up with few visits. The only problem is not getting to enroll early, train early and get into the spring game. 

The kid has superstar talent, but talent needs reps. I wonder who is in his ear telling him the benefits of waiting, while the benefits of signing early go away.

Not sure about the drama queen or the I am everything, but he may not be seeing the big picture while waiting. He is entering big boy competition, and plenty of high school studs have struggled when not taking the jump seriously.

At OSU he will have to wait until June to enroll. At Oregon he could enroll April, but he needs to make up his mind. OSU is on a semester system, Oregon is on quarters.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Haywarduck said:

Not sure about the drama queen or the I am everything, but he may not be seeing the big picture while waiting.

You raise some very good points. JTT  doesn't owe an explanation to anybody on his strategy. But it is hard to recognize upon what it is based. The minuses are overtaking the pluses as he delays his decision.

• Like 1

He knows he can go wherever he chooses and whenever he chooses.  He hasn't been to Ohio State, and it's been awhile since he's been to Alabama and Oregon.  If he's unsure at this point, he certainly has the option to travel to these schools on his own to physically check each of them out so he can make an informed decision.  As tight as he's kept his recruiting, I don't see this being a prima donna move.

I seriously doubt a high value talent hasn't given good thought to where and why he wants to go and play, before now. If in fact he hasn't, I would question his ability to think things through properly, regardless of who has his ear. 

I can't imagine a high talent like him hasn't been thinking about it for a couple of years now. Maybe he's working on getting his McDonald's bag "supper sized". 

giphy.gif

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. We Fans are a bunch of middle aged men, some girls as well, that are situated relatively nicely in life. We knew everything as teenagers and made some of the most epic decisions of our lives during that time as well. And some of us could probably link  our current environment to those decisions so long ago. If JTT has his parents in his ear, then he will listen to their counsel. JTT hasnt seen the Shoe. He should at least see the school before heading 2000 miles away from his parents and all that is comfortable back here in the PNW. I could very well be wrong, but I'm getting a different vibe from this delay.

.    Oregon just this week became a 'Warm' destination for JTT. That tells me something. Oregon is seriously in the mix. This could have so many variables in the decision making. Proximity to home and his parents watching. Proximity to home and him going home for the weekend, winter break, summer break, and seeing his family and friends. After all its only a 4 hour drive or so. Another factor is playing time. Most likely, JTT Does Not start for OSU or Alabama next year. Its well known that Oregon was the Youngest team in all CFB for 2020. Oregon would have JTT A starter out of the box. Or at least a #2 in rotation. Oregon just won their conference championship again and with a gutted roster no less. Oregon is the cream of the PAC and is going to vie for the Championship again for 2021. Oregon has a clear shot at the playoffs this coming year. 

I bring all this up, because making a decision when you are the Top Dog in all CFB recruiting is a decision you don't want to fail at. Maybe, just maybe, this Kid isn't being a premadonna so to speak and is locking down the right decision for himself and his family. Just my $.02

7 hours ago, Santa Rosa Duck said:

Drama Queen?

JTT, like other 2021 recruits, has been unable to have a regular recruitment or take official visits. His dad said no decision before April, that’s the earliest official visits could be allowed. Considering how few interviews JTT and those around him have given I’d say this is the antithesis of wanting attention, this isn’t Bryce Brown. 

Ohio State is the presumed favorite and he’s never even been there. You can’t blame JTT and his family for wanting that opportunity. Other prospects would have liked that as well, but JTT is important enough to make teams wait. It sucks for Oregon having to turn down valuable additions to keep a spot open, but it’s his choice. 

The point about starting at OSU is a very good one. If you look at the depth at his position at OSU there have been numerous top rated guys coming to be the next Bosa or Chase Young. JTT isn't just another top rated recruit who would be looking to make his mark at the position, but almost.

He may end up liking OSU, but enrolling in June and being behind some top talent may not sit too well with somebody so talented. 

He comes to Oregon and lines up on the other side of the line from one of, if not, the best DE in college football and wreaks havoc. I would think the opportunity at Oregon is looking better and better, but, then again, I am looking through my tinted glasses.

I think the problem is we just lost our DC and just hired a New One.  We have some movement in our staff, Heyward leaving and some other support staff, are we finished?  Do we look like the kind of organization that can coach up and not stagnate or regress perceived talent going into the NFL.  Great recruiting does not translate to poor coaching into player success down the road.  Put up or shut up says the Alabama's and the Ohio's recruiters to the talent.  "Our Record" speaks for itself.  Tough to beat that Coach Cristobal. . .

1 minute ago, EzDucksIt said:

Put up or shut up says the Alabama's and the Ohio's recruiters to the talent.  "Our Record" speaks for itself.  Tough to beat that Coach Cristobal. . .

This is very true. The best pitch is what Saban can tell the recruits, "the Championship game is on our schedule". Until Cristobal can say that too it's going to be tough. You need the championships to get the players, and you need  the players to get the championships.