FishDuck Article

Mr. FishDuck: Crazed Duck Fan, or Generous Ambassador of Oregon Football?

The history of these two sites, (and the founder) is unusual and not seen anywhere in the Oregon Media...

Pointing-the-Pin-Pull-300x300-cropped.jp
FISHDUCK.COM

Most of you posting in the Our Beloved Ducks forum are not aware of the amazing, crazy background to these two sites, and their founder Charles Fischer. I'
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Salute 1
  • Cool 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 3

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Thank you Jordan for this wonderful tribute to Charles.

Charles, we salute you and many, many thanks for all you have done and continue to do for the Duck community and beyond!! 😀👍

Edited by NJDuck
  • Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Crazed Duck fan... 

Now let me go read the article. 

Thank you Charles for all you do. Especially letting this crazed Duck fan write. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Everyone say "Happy Birthday" to Charles as he shares his with the

U. S A.

Edited by Notalot
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Salute 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 3

Charles is a breath of fresh air. Unfortunately, but is a testament to who Charles is, that air is rarefied air in this day and age. Charles is a throwback to a better time, a time where integrity and decency mattered more. We may call him FishDuck, but really he is just all that is a good about being a Duck. Great article, and Happy Birthday Charles!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHARLES! 

You're a Superstar! 🌟

Many thanks for all you do. Love this site!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2

Although I’m a relative newbie, having joined in Oct 2021, and sporadic poster, I nevertheless check in with the forum pretty much every morning.

If you are a Duck fan it’s the best place to get up to date information and analysis from so many talented thinkers and writers. And what impresses most is the way Charles has established a monitoring system that assures the site remains civil, which in and of itself is an amazing accomplishment.

Charles plays no favorites…..even to those he has friendships with. If you break the rules you will hear about it…….continue and you will be suspended or banned.

FishDuck is the only site I’m on, but I know what occurs on other sites and I want  no part of it.

Thanks Charles. I know this is a labor of love for you, but I also realize you put in tons of work.

It is much appreciated.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Happy Birthday Charles, and the USA.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

Happy birthday Charles!  Thank you Jordan for reminding us of the great gift we receive from Charles every day when we read Our Beloved Duck Forum.

Integrity, decency, and lots of hard work define Charles.  I especially love your willingness to teach me about fairness and listening to all opinions! 

The Forum With Decorum!  Go Ducks!

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Selfless acts and service to others. A standard few understand and less try and live by. Well done Charles. Keep up the good work, you never know who is watching.

• Thumbs Up 2

"but I’m not sure I want to go as far as call him “crazed” either."

I will as that ship sailed looooooong ago.

Happy Birthday to the other Sir Charles from the other Steven A.

• Haha 3

Charles you are both, and so much more that is good for us fans AND UO sports enlightenment.  A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!  not_worthy.gif.71519b7803484f98f895bc5f6b81c5c0.gif

I wanted to announce the new "About Us" link at the top of the site, since most here do not know the history of the two sites.  Thank you Jordan for this very kind article, and thanks to all for their wonderful words on my 66th birthday today.

Uncle Sam.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Salute 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/4/2022 at 6:05 AM, David Marsh said:

Thank you Charles for all you do. Especially letting this crazed Duck fan write. 

I am grateful to have writers like you who love to ponder Our Beloved Ducks as I do, and boy will we have a ton to consider in the future!

Mr. FishDuck

Well done, Charles, you have indeed created a haven for Duck fans, and even occasionally those of other teams. to ponder and discuss the goings on of sports, with cat gifs, in a friendly environment. 

On 7/4/2022 at 10:05 AM, 30Duck said:

with cat gifs,

I resemble that!  (And THANK YOU!)

giphy.gif

• Cool 1
  • Mic drop 1

Mr. FishDuck

Happy Birthday!!

You have invested a lot of $$$$$ and time Charles.  You have assembled a great many writers and your time to explain things Just Ducky while maintaining a sense of civility to treat everyone like adults.  To have adult discussions about the U of O.  What a great day to celebrate a Birthday too.  Happy Birthday and may you have many more, just like the United States.  You should be proud of what you have built, I enjoy it immensely.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nice piece, Jordan. Yes, Charles Fischer is an Oregon treasure. He’s enriched us for years. I remember his start as he broke down the dazzling Chip Kelly offenses. He lifted the curtain, demystified the sizzling play. It was a revelation. 

I’m out of my lane here, but:  if any of you reading the site haven’t given money, please do so. It’s a labor of love AND it costs money. 

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/4/2022 at 12:10 PM, DHLA said:

I’m out of my lane here, but:  if any of you reading the site haven’t given money, please do so. It’s a labor of love AND it costs money. 

This shouts for the "Shameless Beggar" to appear, and here I am!  To help pay these costs...go to this page, scroll down to the bottom and click on the "Donate" button.  Everyone here thanks you!

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/4/2022 at 12:55 PM, Charles Fischer said:

This shouts for the "Shameless Beggar" to appear, and here I am!  To help pay these costs...go to this page, scroll down to the bottom and click on the "Donate" button.  Everyone here thanks you!

And I'm going to say this again... Put a big yellow donate button on the front page. 

Again thank you Charles. 

• Thumbs Up 3

What I'm doing right now...

If it is not the best Bar-B-Que Chicken you've

ever had ....it will be in your Top-3!

Tasty Chicken_CF.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Oh................for shame,  is that a Coor's Light on the table?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR CHARLES(heavy on the "Sir")

May all your Birthday Wishes come true.

~

Happy Birthday to "The Shameless Beggar". Best wishes for a great day.

Man alive, Charles and America celebrating their birthday on the same day.

Thank you Charles, the writers and all the volunteers for this great Forum. Just like Charles its a one of a kind............

• Thanks 1

ICamel…Lois drinks Coors, and I’m having a Widmer Hefeweizen from Portland.

Good times!

Mr. FishDuck

Happy Birthday Charles. You may be a bit crazed but you are our FishDuck and we love you!

• Thanks 1

After considerable thought I would yes to both! Happy B day to you! May you always be able to blow out the candles on yer cake!

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Mr Fishduck, for all your contributions, and for being a fellow crazed Duck Fan.  Too bad you(or me) don’t have Phil Knight-type bucks to help out theDucks in equal measure like that crazed Duck fan has done!  Keep up the good work!

And, here’s hoping for a soft landing for the Ducks after all this PAC-12 chaos subsides!

• Thanks 1

Happy birthday and thank you for FishDuck!

• Thanks 1

Better late than never! Happy Birthday Charles! And how can crazed be considered anything but normal in a Duck fan if you’ve ever seen some Donald Duck cartoons, the model for our mascot.

• Thumbs Up 1