Log Haulin

Lincoln Riley Statement

7-19.jpg
WWW.ON3.COM

Lincoln Riley made his first public comments on USC deciding to leave the Pac-12 for the Big Ten, and he's more...

vomit

The arrogance. How can a athletic department be so out of touch. USC has brought nothing to the table as far as elevating the quality of competition in Pac 12 football. The B?G will regret incorporating USC into the fold. Good riddance.

• Thumbs Up 4

I just said in another thread--Teams spend $$ to win yet are willing take $$ to lose. I dont get it.

I couldn't finish the article without 🤢🤮!!

Edited by NJDuck
  • Oh no! 1
  • Haha 1

"while always putting our student-athletes first" is why they more than doubled the flight time for away games, gives them more time to study.  Nothing says your important more than 8-10 hours on a plane every other week.

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

"putting our student-athletes first"  uuhh,  you mean football players because this doesn't help any other sport in anyway.  Probably drop a few sports now.

On 7/4/2022 at 7:35 AM, Log Haulin said:

The arrogance. How can a athletic department be so out of touch. USC has brought nothing to the table as far as elevating the quality of competition in Pac 12 football. The B?G will regret incorporating USC into the fold. Good riddance.

Just last night I heard a radio guy (Cody somebody) saying that USC was making a good move because they had no big games against PAC-12 teams, except maybe UCLA and the Bruins are going to the Big 10 too. He pooh-pooh USC vs. Oregon games, not seeming to realize that Oregon is 11-6 over USC since 1998.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/4/2022 at 11:27 AM, Annie said:

Just last night I heard a radio guy (Cody somebody) saying that USC was making a good move because they had no big games against PAC-12 teams, except maybe UCLA and the Bruins are going to the Big 10 too. He pooh-pooh USC vs. Oregon games, not seeming to realize that Oregon is 11-6 over USC since 1998

Praising USC for this great move, unbelievable.

Well, let's praise them for making the PAC-12 carried their's and UCLA's dead carcasses around for many years.  Let's praise USC for bringing down the PAC-12's perception for many years because they sucked in sports. Let's praise them for giving the BIG PAC12's biggest media market.  Yes, let's praise them for helping destroy the PAC-12. Let's also praise them for helping destroy the tradition rich Rose bowl, the Grand Daddy of them ALL

The issue is UCLA was their equal in competitiveness, they were both more in the middle of the PAC, not the top.

Edited by NJDuck
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

“I think it gives Lincoln Riley a little bit more respect,” PicKell said on The Hard Count.

From Colin Cowherd maybe.

On 7/4/2022 at 9:41 AM, NJDuck said:

Praising USC for this great move, unbelievable.

...Let's praise USC for bringing down the PAC-12's perception for many years because they sucked in sports. Let's praise them for giving the BIG PAC12's biggest media market. ...

Exactly! I got so tired of hearing that the PAC-12 was "down" because USC wasn't winning! Never mind that Oregon played in two national championship games and clobbered Florida State in the first championship playoff game when the PAC was supposedly down!

• Thumbs Up 1

Arrogance has always been an issue in LA and if you’ve ever visited you probably loved the traffic.

Anyone that believes a kid from California that spent his life in wonderful weather is going to want to spend the better part of 2 days every other week traveling and then getting their buts kicked in the process is fooling themselves.

Transfer portal will be very busy after a year of that.

I’ve said before in other posts that I believe a lot of these kids will end up in the SEC or on Florida’s teams and who could blame them. 

I’m just hoping that the pac-12 schedule has them on the road back to back night games in November in some nice cold climates.  They should get no preferential treatment 

Oregon has had ONE FOOTBALL TEAM as good as any of USC's historical best.

Sorry guys, but 15 million people in one area is going to supercede 4.5 million.  In oh so many ways.

You can discuss culture, you can counter with morals.  But you cannot expect 15 million people to feel less viable than four.

LA will always be more arrogant.  Why do you think we always say don't californicate Oregon.

We needed them. Their TV market, their recruits, their prestige.  That's the bottom line.

It sucks, but without Los Angeles, we have a far bigger hill to climb.  Doesn't matter where we go from here, ignoring LA's arrogance was a huge mistake.  USC was telling us for at least 12 months they were unhappy.

Frankly, our arrogance ( like new money spitting in old money's face) may have cost us. We even talk snack now about our newfound heritage. 

I grew up in Southern California.  Moved to Oregon and loved it.  Wanted to stay, but couldn't.  Why?  That should be obvious.  

Oregon is no match for Southern California when it comes to drawing talent of all kinds.  LA is justified in being arrogant.  They back it up every day.  

That sucks. But life does oftentimes.  

We built a brand that exploited USC's Demise.  I for one never thought USC would let us slowly grind them into nothingness.  

USC got up from a Mike Tyson mega punch.  The question is, will we respond like Evander Holyfield.

I know what I would do if I were in charge.  Because I hate to lose.  I'd hate to allow my true rival steal the thunder I've harnessed ever so patiently.  

Football is war.  It's not fair and friendly.  If it's not obvious now, everyone can see what Im doing with my anger.  I've lived in world class Los Angeles. 

I believe we are world class Oregon.  I believe it requires stepping into the fray of dealing with what goes on in world class battles.  With integrity, guts and fire.  

The world isn't fair.  Never will be.  If we are truly world class, we step into the battle and never look back.  Who cares how arrogant USC is.  They made their move.  They exploited their advantages.  It's time to respond. 

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 7:46 PM, Mike West said:

Oregon has had ONE FOOTBALL TEAM as good as any of USC's historical best.

Sorry guys, but 15 million people in one area is going to supercede 4.5 million.  In oh so many ways.

You can discuss culture, you can counter with morals.  But you cannot expect 15 million people to feel less viable than four.

LA will always be more arrogant.  Why do you think we always say don't californicate Oregon.

We needed them. Their TV market, their recruits, their prestige.  That's the bottom line.

It sucks, but without Los Angeles, we have a far bigger hill to climb.  Doesn't matter where we go from here, ignoring LA's arrogance was a huge mistake.  USC was telling us for at least 12 months they were unhappy.

Frankly, our arrogance ( like new money spitting in old money's face) may have cost us. We even talk snack now about our newfound heritage. 

I grew up in Southern California.  Moved to Oregon and loved it.  Wanted to stay, but couldn't.  Why?  That should be obvious.  

Oregon is no match for Southern California when it comes to drawing talent of all kinds.  LA is justified in being arrogant.  They back it up every day.  

That sucks. But life does oftentimes.  

We built a brand that exploited USC's Demise.  I for one never thought USC would let us slowly grind them into nothingness.  

USC got up from a Mike Tyson mega punch.  The question is, will we respond like Evander Holyfield.

I know what I would do if I were in charge.  Because I hate to lose.  I'd hate to allow my true rival steal the thunder I've harnessed ever so patiently.  

Football is war.  It's not fair and friendly.  If it's not obvious now, everyone can see what Im doing with my anger.  I've lived in world class Los Angeles. 

I believe we are world class Oregon.  I believe it requires stepping into the fray of dealing with what goes on in world class battles.  With integrity, guts and fire.  

The world isn't fair.  Never will be.  If we are truly world class, we step into the battle and never look back.  Who cares how arrogant USC is.  They made their move.  They exploited their advantages.  It's time to respond. 

Thoughtful and well written. Much of what you say is true. I can't help but think... the proud will be brought to heel.

USC is stepping out on a ledge. My opinion is they will be crushed under their own pride. Many in their athletic department will suffer because of it. As I said, just one mans opinion.

Will Oregon and the Pac respond? That remains to be seen. I don't have a lot of faith in the Pac leadership.  I do have faith in Oregon leadership.

I posted a rant on here and I believe what I said whole heartedly.  New money or not, Oregon is built solid. USC doesn't have the power to bring them down. And their arrogant attempt will be a fail. 

USC cheated all of college football in the early 2000's. They got crushed for it. They are almost squared up. They turn around and do the entire Pac dirty with secret deals.

USC will never win another National Championship. 

• Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

I predict we will see the end of the decade before they are close to the B1G. title if then.