Charles Fischer

5-Star Running Back, Richard Young, Names Top-3

Alabama, Georgia and Oregon!   In pretty good company...

Florida football recruiting: No. 1 RB Richard Young for March visit

No more lovefest?

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I hope that the collective has some extra motivation with the latest conference realignment to entice recruits like Young to come to Oregon. 

He is a big time recruit at RB.  It’s not surprising that Bama and UGA are in his top 3 as I’m sure both are very aggressively recruiting him.  I’m not insinuating that it’s very surprising that Oregon is as well, but this kid is from the Southeast.  There is something this kid really likes about Oregon.   The fact that he narrowed down to two southern schools and 1 school about as far away from home as you can get is telling.  

According to 247 it will be tough to pull him from Bama.  I don’t remember many times that a crystal ball prediction for Bama is wrong.  UGA will certainly do their best, and that’s pretty strong.  But this guy didn’t just add Oregon for the heck of it.  It’s possible The Ducks have more pull here than many think.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Let’s hope! 2

On 7/5/2022 at 8:42 PM, SoGaDawg said:

There is something this kid really likes about Oregon.   The fact that he narrowed down to two southern schools and 1 school about as far away from home as you can get is telling.  

It's our young coaching staff, they are cool dudes to these kids and have coaching chops.

• Thumbs Up 2

He and Dante Moore seemed to have developed a strong connection. 

On 7/5/2022 at 8:42 PM, SoGaDawg said:

He is a big time recruit at RB.  It’s not surprising that Bama and UGA are in his top 3 as I’m sure both are very aggressively recruiting him.  I’m not insinuating that it’s very surprising that Oregon is as well, but this kid is from the Southeast.  There is something this kid really likes about Oregon.   The fact that he narrowed down to two southern schools and 1 school about as far away from home as you can get is telling.  

According to 247 it will be tough to pull him from Bama.  I don’t remember many times that a crystal ball prediction for Bama is wrong.  UGA will certainly do their best, and that’s pretty strong.  But this guy didn’t just add Oregon for the heck of it.  It’s possible The Ducks have more pull here than many think.

You might find the story of our running backs coach interesting.

x2s7u3pa.jpg
FOOTBALLSCOOP.COM

A former federal agent and Memphis prep coach, Locklyn's now a rising star

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2

On 7/6/2022 at 12:27 AM, McDuck said:

You might find the story of our running backs coach interesting.

x2s7u3pa.jpg
FOOTBALLSCOOP.COM

A former federal agent and Memphis prep coach, Locklyn's now a rising star

That’s a great article on Locklyn.  I find it not only interesting but very inspiring.  Thanks for posting this article.  

I was about to respond to DazeNconfused agreeing that Oregon’s coaching staff was very likely the reason Young is so interested. I came to that assumption without knowing much about Locklyn.  Now I agree even more.  If this dude is all that he seems and I were a highly recruited running back, I’d love to play for him.  

But even if Young doesn’t choose Oregon, I’ll be paying attention to Locklyn.  He already has some great talent to work with.  His story will continue to be very interesting. 

• Go Ducks! 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Locklyn has a history of turning lumps of coal into diamonds. I wonder what he could turn a true diamond into. Imagine the beauty of a flawless diamond in our backfield, once again! Maybe a few diamonds in the backfield, once again!

• Thumbs Up 1

Heart says Oregon, head says Bama.  Not sure what The Tide's recruiting class looks like, but if they don't have a QB, I would not be shocked to see Moore and Young in Tuscaloosa.

Hope I'm wrong, but it feel like next year's class will be the big one for DL and crew.   As long as we aren't in Linfield's division in the new era.

On 7/6/2022 at 9:52 AM, idontrollonshobbas said:

Heart says Oregon, head says Bama.  Not sure what The Tide's recruiting class looks like, but if they don't have a QB, I would not be shocked to see Moore and Young in Tuscaloosa.

Hope I'm wrong, but it feel like next year's class will be the big one for DL and crew.   As long as we aren't in Linfield's division in the new era.

I believe Alabama already has Eli Holstein Jr. committed at QB for 2023, he's pretty close to being a 5-star.

• Thumbs Up 1