OC Duck

Iowa State Facts

A few facts about our upcoming opponents. I researched several sites for this information. 
Under Matt Campbell ISU is 4-20 if trailing going into the 4th quarter. let’s get an early lead!

ISU is 8-16 with a negative turnover ratio under Matt Campbell. Keep the momentum going from USC and it should be to our advantage. 

They were unable to get consistent pressure on opposing QB’s. In their 2 losses this year against big12 competition ISU only had one combined sack and averaged 2 QB hurries per game. 

Purdy running for his life in 2 Big12 losses. Get some pressure on him and we have a chance. OSU AND OU had 3 sacks apiece and averaged 5 QB hurries per game. In ISU’s 3 losses Purdy threw 5 of his 9 interceptions. 

With this pressure we can get them off the field on 3rd down. ISU only averaged a 30 percent conversion on 3rd downs against these 2 Big12 teams. 

While I think that we all know that games are won in the trenches I thought these were still interesting facts. I think if we continue to do what we did during USC that we will have a couple of interceptions against ISU in the Fiesta Bowl. If we can get an early lead and rely on our running game in the 4th quarter statistics show we have a pretty good chance of winning this game.