Jester

Are Virginia, North Carolina, Florida State, and Clemson in Talks to Join SEC?

Virginia-Women-Celebration-By-Jack-Spits
SWIMSWAM.COM

A source told SwimSwam that Virginia, UNC, FSU, and Clemson are negotiating to join the SEC as ESPN attempts to void their 20-year...

Wowsa.  The drama never ends...at least for a while.  I wonder how Mari will feel about Miami not being invited?

Mario Cristobal_247 Video.jpg

• Mic drop 1

Mr. FishDuck

Hmmmm…I don’t usually turn to “swim swam” for most of my conference realignment updates!

Isn't the only way this works is ESPN agrees to increase their payout to the SEC so they can void the ACC contract?  Wouldn't that spawn an unending stream of lawsuits from the schools left behind?

A brief overview from last year of the Grant Of Rights and the exit fee in the ACC.

https%3A%2F%2Frubbingtherock.com%2Fwp-co
RUBBINGTHEROCK.COM

Over the course of the last week, rumors have been swirling surrounding the Clemson football program and several others due to the expansion moves being ma...

On 7/7/2022 at 3:30 PM, Jester said:

A source told SwimSwam that Virginia, UNC, FSU, and Clemson are negotiating to join the SEC as ESPN attempts to void their 20-year...

If that is the case, maybe Oregon and Washington along with Notre Dame and one other school will get the invite to join Big 10?

Edited by NJDuck

Lots of comments from the sports world stating this is more-than-likely bogus reporting.  

It's a sad commentary of our times when anything, regardless of how little sense it may make, is believable 

• Thumbs Up 1

At this point, its safe to believe everything is on the table. From the big dogs down (ND, Clemson, Oregon) to the last conference member. Even the fuskies.......

These type of deals take time and the best negotiators keep their mouths shut. None of these so called reports/sources had an inkling of the Texas/OU or usc/ucla moves. Moves that shook the foundation of college sports.

They didnt have an inkling. Why would they have any insider info now?

However, if you can take the head spinning, these reports are fun to ponder. And this is the place to safely ponder and discuss.

On 7/7/2022 at 2:00 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

And this is the place to safely ponder and discuss.

…And while we are pondering, I’m also learning more than I should be regarding conference politics and money matters. 

I find myself visiting forums and reading news columns specific to other schools to get their take on recent affairs.  I’m linking you to a piece from ‘The News&Observer’ out of North Carolina.  UNC fans feel every bit as much in a pickle as we do.

What I kindly ask is for someone to provide an explanation on the reference (in the article) to the number, “six”.  Read the piece, and you’ll see what I mean.

Is “six” an arbitrary speculative number, or does it hold weight?  I haven’t seen or heard reference to this anywhere but in this article.  If it’s just speculative, it doesn’t read that way to me.  Then again, I think I’m saturated at this point and need to remove myself from information (fact or fiction) for a little while.     

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article263209858.html

Jester its the first time i have heard, read or even seen a mention that 6 is the magic number for the ACC.

My advise is to take a day or 2 off from the madness we cannot control or have a say in.

Kick back tonight and tomorrow night, have plenty of your favorite brew and watch the replays of some of your favorite Duck games 

Take solace that the Ducks, no matter where they land or stay, will be kicking butt on the gridiron and courts for years to come.

GO DUCKS..........

• Applause 1

On 7/7/2022 at 5:31 PM, Jester said:

…And while we are pondering, I’m also learning more than I should be regarding conference politics and money matters. 

I find myself visiting forums and reading news columns specific to other schools to get their take on recent affairs.  I’m linking you to a piece from ‘The News&Observer’ out of North Carolina.  UNC fans feel every bit as much in a pickle as we do.

What I kindly ask is for someone to provide an explanation on the reference (in the article) to the number, “six”.  Read the piece, and you’ll see what I mean.

Is “six” an arbitrary speculative number, or does it hold weight?  I haven’t seen or heard reference to this anywhere but in this article.  If it’s just speculative, it doesn’t read that way to me.  Then again, I think I’m saturated at this point and need to remove myself from information (fact or fiction) for a little while.

I also like the part where they discuss changing distribution of the revenue.  Creating a tier system giving those schools (like Oregon) who have done more of the heavy lifting and carried the leagues brand to be entitled to a higher percentage cut.

• Thumbs Up 1

SEC may be talking to those schools, but the talks can't be serious, unless the SEC is willing to pony up 200 mil for the exit fees of those 4 schools.  When you are talking about billions, those 4 schools could come to an agreement with the SEC.  The SEC puts up the 50 mil each for the buyout and then those 4 schools take a pay cut for a few years to pay back the 50 mil.

If those 4 schools were to join the SEC, then that puts the SEC at 20 schools.  B1G TEN with the addition of USC and UCLA are at 16.  If those talks are serious about those 4 schools, I would think the B1G TEN would need to add 4 more schools to get to 20.