NJDuck

Canzano: Alleged Sins of Jody Allen Dusted Off Amid Phil Knight Offer for Blazers

For those who are Blazer fans.  Turning down Knight's offer.  Knight would be a terrific NBA owner.  He would love the franchise and nurture it.  Jody Allen, not so much.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

Report digs up allegations about animal bones.

Edited by NJDuck

I knew Portland had a NBA team in the 70's and 80's, but didn't realize they were still a team, interesting. It would be nice to see that team come back!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Shes just waiting for an offer that brings the Blazers to Seattle.

On 7/8/2022 at 11:03 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

If that's true, it's a shame she is wanting to do that.  Turning down a 2 billion dollar plus offer.  I could be wrong, but I don't think she will get a better offer than this!

Edited by NJDuck
  • Thumbs Up 1

"In October 2021, Forbes listed the Portland Trail Blazers' value at $2.05 billion."

It appears that Phil Knight's offer of $2B was a fair offer. 

I'd have to believe that PK would be a far better owner.  From all accounts, he is super competitive and would invest to put a winner on the court.  Perhaps with his connections, Portland would also have a shot at signing some of the top free agents, especially Nike athletes?

Don't be surprised when Lillard leaves this clown show.  The die-hard fans will be losers.

Edited by OregonDucks
typo

Those who inherit large sums of money, most often, have no clue about how to keep or grow the success which put them where they are. She seems like the classic example of someone who is the clueless second generation rich.  Maybe someday someone will advise here she has no clothes on!

On 7/8/2022 at 9:53 AM, Haywarduck said:

Those who inherit large sums of money, most often, have no clue about how to keep or grow the success which put them where they are. She seems like the classic example of someone who is the clueless second generation rich.  Maybe someday someone will advise here she has no clothes on!

I think she understands that most pro teams have large yearly value growth regardless of how they are run. She seems fine with just holding on and letting the value rise regardless of how much ownership incompetence damages the competitiveness of the team. I'm afraid the Blazers are sailing towards worst case scenario. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 10:09 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

I think she understands that most pro teams have large yearly value growth regardless of how they are run. She seems fine with just holding on and letting the value rise regardless of how much ownership incompetence damages the competitiveness of the team. I'm afraid the Blazers are sailing towards worst case scenario. 

I would disagree, she could care less about the value, and has no clue how to add value. All she cares about is having power, and perceived power. There is nothing better for an ego than having a professional sports team. 

Agree about the worst case scenario, and we thought the jail blazers were bad! Paul moved on from his jail blazer days, we may be just entering the downward spiral her brother had to learn from.

On 7/8/2022 at 8:03 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

I was under the impression that the NBA was already looking at (re) expanding into Seattle. 

The sad thing is that if the Blazers were to leave Portland I'm not sure Portland would get another NBA team. 

• Yikes! 1

On 7/8/2022 at 11:06 AM, David Marsh said:

I was under the impression that the NBA was already looking at (re) expanding into Seattle. 

The sad thing is that if the Blazers were to leave Portland I'm not sure Portland would get another NBA team. 

I could see a bidding war for an expansion team--big$$$  Maybe Las Vegas? Blazers would be cheaper. The Allen's and Co never did all the things they said they would do in Portland including turning the coliseum/Moda into a sports entertainment area with housing and retail.

Allan paid 70 mil in 1988 for the blazers. I’d be happy with that ROI.

Investment Gain $1,993,000,000.00
ROI 28,471.43%
Annualized ROI 17.82%
Investment Length 34.48 year
  • Great post! 1

On 7/8/2022 at 11:56 AM, Flyin Vee said:

Allan paid 70 mil in 1988 for the blazers. I’d be happy with that ROI.

Investment Gain $1,993,000,000.00
ROI 28,471.43%
Annualized ROI 17.82%
Investment Length 34.48 year

Interesting--How many years did Allen claim to lose $$ in the Blazers--LOL

New tv deal for nba teams in 2 years.  Value of teams will go way up.  My guess is she sells after that

• Thumbs Up 1