Pennsylvania Duck

An SEC Viewpoint on Realignment

According to this article, SEC looks at realignment from a geographical angle. It would be hard for Ducks to be involved under this scenario.

AAZkJf8.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=
WWW.MSN.COM

Given the history of the SEC, expansion must be done properly if it's to be done at all.

I vote for merger, but I am a TECH fan. 

Pretty good take. The SEC won’t stray far from the region or culture. The culture is really kind of what we have always thrived on. Missouri kind of stretched it for a lot of folks here in the SEC. Some traditionalist even balked at Texas and Oklahoma. May sound strange to you in the PNW but ruth be told, Texas may be on of the “northernmost” SEC schools; Austin is quite unlike any other city in the SEC homes. 

• Applause 1

TEXAS(UT) should be in the PAC.  If you have ever been to Austin you would agree. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I love college football, but rarely watch NFL except to check in on games now and then to see how Ducks in the pros are doing. College football has tradition, history, and regionalism that makes it fun for me to watch. But with the transfer portal, NIL, and the development of ever-larger mega-conferences, college football is turning into NFL 2.0.  😢

On 7/8/2022 at 7:35 AM, sad BIG12 fan said:

TEXAS(UT) should be in the PAC.  If you have ever been to Austin you would agree. 

I've been to Austin, and I agree!

I think Texas, Notre Dame, USC and fuskies all should be in the Delusions of Grandeur (DoG) Conference. There they can all declare themselves preseason #1s regardless of what reality says.

• Haha 6
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2

On 7/8/2022 at 8:23 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Delusions of Grandeur (DoG) Conference

😂 👍👍

I think it is safe to say Greg Sankey played a lot of RISK as a youngster.  Keep your territories together, only expand if you can defend your borders.  Georgia and Florida and chillin' like Eastern and Western Australia.  Those who played get the analogy.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 7/8/2022 at 1:17 PM, amcdawg said:

I think it is safe to say Greg Sankey played a lot of RISK as a youngster.  Keep your territories together, only expand if you can defend your borders.  Georgia and Florida and chillin' like Eastern and Western Australia.  Those who played get the analogy.

Big-12 is Europe in the Risk Game....hard to hold and attacked from all directions.  The Pac-12 is like North America...you get a decent number of armies for holding, but rarely do you win starting from that position?

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

@Charles FischerI sometimes wonder if the PAC isn’t Kamchatka 

• Haha 3

It would be a stretch. Eugene isn’t even anywhere near SE Oregon.

On 7/8/2022 at 8:23 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Delusions of Grandeur (DoG) Conference. 

Thank you for that post KK, it made my morning!

Surely that conference would be the Official Home of the mutts from UW. Sporting the uniquely ugly shades of prostitute purple and hooker gold, those fans are the epitome of DoG!

They delude themselves every off season with their unfounded belief that “they are gonna regain their glory year” which in fact was not all that glorious.😂