sad BIG12 fan

SEC & Oklahoma State?

USATSI_13648476-1.webp?fit=1000%2C600&ss
GRIDIRONHEROICS.COM

Oklahoma State is involved in active conversation with the SEC according to a source inside the Cowboys...

Old Big12 South is getting back together. Now I know why Texas Tech admin didn’t care about the PAC. I hope 

If that happens then things will get really bonkers not only because the SEC would be at an odd number (which suggests there is another regional team in play) but because the BXII would be further diminished.  

That ought to give any PAC schools pause if leaning BXII and make Oregon really nervous about be stuck in a literal mid-major BXII

The article hints that the loss of the Cowboys could be a fatal blow to the Big-12, and perhaps the Pac-12 could attract a few Big-12 members to join us?

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

What's the draw of Oklahoma State for the SEC?  They already have Oklahoma.  Seems like there are much bigger fish in the ACC.

At $68 million each the 14 members of the SEC divide a pool of $952 million.  A new member would need to add a minimum of $68 million in revenue to prevent a reduced distribution.  Canzano recently posted the Nielsen date for each conference and Oklahoma was listed at 755,340.  Ignoring the fact the SEC will already capture a lot of those sets with OU would the addition of Oklahoma State warrant ESPN paying an additional $68,000,000?  Will Alabama and Georgia take less money to be able to play in Boone Pickens Stadium?

I doubt it.

• Yikes! 1