Log Haulin

Phil Knight Being Trolled by CBS

Whatever gets the clicks.

Pretty sure Uncle Phil has a little more savvy than that. It's amazing the garbage some people will speculate in order to get page views. 

It's my belief that Oregon will be fine wherever they end up because it's a strong brand, a strong program, with a strong upward direction at the moment. 

Edited by Krsmqn
  • Thumbs Up 3

Two things Phil Knight doesn't do, cold calls, nor panic. That article was from.....

WWW.BSSPORTS.COM

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Guest Axel

I don't often choose to get gaslighted or straight out lied to, but when I do, I prefer CBS.

Axel you rock. Plain and simple you rock 

The networks will spin whatever gets clicks. Clicks, clicks and more clicks.

I wish CBS and NBC would step up and pay big money and sign media rights for some sort of 2 mega conferences from amongst

AAC

ACC

MWC

BIG12

PAC 10

Mid America

Sun Belt

Once ND, Clemson, FSU, Oregon and Washington are gone to BIG and SEC then fox and espn control college football. You will pay dearly to buy the rights from them to show a marquee game.

Lets get it over with. Competition drives the market.  fox and espn/abc will shut the others out if possible 

Just sayin. The writings on the wall.

Dennis Dodd has always struck me as a hack sports writer.  His columns are often nothing more than surface observations.  He doesn’t seem to have credible sources, much less keen insight. It’s as if he surfs the sports pages and summarizes/reorganizes/regurgitates that content.  

Take him with a grain of salt.  

On 7/9/2022 at 8:41 PM, Axel said:

I don't often choose to get gaslighted or straight out lied to, but when I do, I prefer CBS.

That’s hilarious!  I’ve just recently started visiting this forum, so I’ve only read a few of your posts.  I gotta say, you Sir have a way with words that I greatly appreciate.  And a great sense of humor to go with it.  I look forward to reading more.  Very well done Sir!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

While it is despicable how they portray Phil Knight, if he is working the phones, that is what we need from the most influential source in the world for the University of Oregon.

Calling him a Cold- Caller is pretty egregious, as everybody knows the contacts he must have  in the sports world.

The only thing in that article that made me gulp, were the ads at the bottom for the G-String panty sets. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Phil Knight isn’t cold-calling anyone.  I can’t imagine that anyone Phil wants to talk to wouldn’t happily make time for his call.  

Edited by SoGaDawg
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/9/2022 at 8:30 PM, SoGaDawg said:

I can’t imagine that anyone Phil wants to talk to wouldn’t happily make time for his call.  

Welllllll, maybe not Jody Allen. But, that is a different matter...

😂😅😂, true enough.  Some men (women in this case) you just can’t reach.  a la  Cool Hand Luke.  

• Applause 1

This article's framing is patently absurd. Phil Knight doesn't "cold call" people, which suggests he's dialing up random people he doesn't know in the hopes of selling them a "gently-used" jalopy. He is the co-founder of the largest sportswear brand in the world. Which also happens to spend massively to advertise on these same networks we're haggling with. He knows that when he calls, people pick up. He's also Oregon's largest booster -- making it perfectly reasonable that he would be having conversations with those he knows about preserving a brand he loves and is deeply invested in.

• Applause 1

Cold calling and Phil Knight is an oxymoron.

Is there anyone on the planet who answers their phone to find its Phil Knight and think, this guy is cold calling me?

On 7/9/2022 at 11:23 PM, SoGaDawg said:

😂😅😂, true enough.  Some men (women in this case) you just can’t reach.  a la  Cool Hand Luke.  

Love that movie.  The scene with his mom visiting for the last time is insanely well acted (as is the whole move)

• Thumbs Up 1

Why Dobbs feels the need to slag Knight might be a way for him to take a pot shot at Oregon.  I don’t know his corpus nor do I have the time to look for a history of animus. 

In any event, the idea that PK doesn’t know the ADs in prominent football schools or the commissioners of the P5 conference is laughable. 

And he sure isn’t calling them to beg in a panic as Dobbs is implying with the term ‘cold calling’

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Phil Knight is synonymous with Chuck Norris. 

image.png.b20798f3ad40d6f21eb6768ad0eec7ca.png

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 9:10 AM, Log Haulin said:

Phil Knight is synonymous with Chuck Norris. 

image.png.b20798f3ad40d6f21eb6768ad0eec7ca.png

haha, great one!!