Charles Fischer

Whoa! A New GOLD Variation on the Eggshell Uniform?

OK...I am not wild about the eggshell uniform, but the players like it.  Then I noticed this Instagram of Richard Young....and I have to admit that the Gold in the shoulders and numbers is kinda cool.

user generated

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I could be wrong about any of this, but my recollection is that new recruits often seem to be photographed wearing previous versions of Oregon uniforms during their visits, or slight variations. For example, in the past two years I've repeatedly seen photos of recruits in the Puddles-style uniform with the orange socks, but the team has not taken the field wearing those in several years.

As for these eggshell uniforms, they are so rapturously hideous it seems like the uniforms were designed specifically to annoy old guys like us. But it's the nature of the game. College football is the bait in the business of corporations fishing for jerseys sales and TV contracts.

I love my Ducks, but I feel like I could curate an entire museum of ill-advised and instantly-dated Oregon uniform combinations and misuse of non-Kelly shades of green. But don't listen to me: my football uniform tastes are forever locked in the early '80s.

Edited by Smith72
Spacing
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think it is the same uniform but the lighting is doing something to it make it look a little different color wise.

On 7/9/2022 at 1:03 PM, Brian Libby said:

But don't listen to me: my football uniform tastes are forever locked in the early '80s.

You and I both.  If I had my way...

Lew Barnes_Unknown.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

While I have my favorite  uniforms and also some of which I am not particularly fond, at this point whatever unis they wear when they win are my preferred!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey, I'm older than all you young'uns and I think that uni is the bee's knees.  2007947944_bouncesmiley.gif.3ec6158bcf74d88215cc4005f8234f70.gif

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 7/9/2022 at 1:54 PM, Mudslide said:

bee's knees.

Heck, I'm so old I don't know what that means, but I do like those unis also.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/9/2022 at 1:54 PM, Mudslide said:

bee's knees

We did bees! 

Well we did what I call the bumblebee look in 2014... I personally like these uniforms as far as black uniforms go for Oregon.

image.thumb.png.335ad225561c18a4486f247c114d7ee0.png

• Like 1

Whatever the recruits like is fine by me!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/9/2022 at 6:17 PM, David Marsh said:

We did bees! 

Well we did what I call the bumblebee look in 2014... I personally like these uniforms as far as black uniforms go for Oregon.

image.thumb.png.335ad225561c18a4486f247c114d7ee0.png

I was at this game in Pullman. Probably the worst game of Ifo’s career. He got worked all game.

It's what to wear to the New Year's Eve party.

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2022 at 3:22 PM, Charles Fischer said:

OK...I am not wild about the eggshell uniform, but the players like it.  Then I noticed this Instagram of Richard Young....and I have to admit that the Gold in the shoulders and numbers is kinda cool.

user generated

image.jpeg.7d46aa97488bc82ada40d4d639e93926.jpeg

That uniform is blue and black just like this dress.

I love so many of the Duck uniforms, but don’t get the mud splatter.  

Green and yellow are our colors. Not gold, not black, certainly not orange, never blue, heaven forbid purple and their other color is gold so, again, not gold!

But, if a 5* recruit thinks it is cool and signs then it's ok.  

On 7/9/2022 at 7:46 PM, Goutes18 said:

I love so many of the Duck uniforms, but don’t get the mud splatter.  

Up close they do look like egg shells... But if you get any distance at all it does look like mud. 

Add in a grass stain like at the UCLA game last year and it looks like the Ducks just played in a muddy field which seems extra silly in southern California. 

Green and yellow are our colors. Not gold, not black, certainly not orange, never blue, heaven forbid purple and their other color is gold so, again, not gold!

I suppose if a 5* recruit thinks it is cool and signs then.... so be it. 

Pretty much love about 99% of the uniforms we come up with including these.  It's our genre now to be new and innovative  on the field(hopefully), with our uniforms, and our facilities.  

High school kids love this about Oregon.  It's cool to be a Duck!