FishDuck Article

UCLA’s Newfound Cash Comes With a Steep Price

One of Oregon’s favorite ex-coaches is now on the move to the B1G Conference as the skies in Los Angeles will soon be turning green with all the cash that will now be falling upon Westwood. But, rest assured that money will not be the only thing falling, as Bruin football will now be falling to the bottom of the ...

Source

Read the full article here...

• Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Bruin football hasn't been anything other than a history lesson, much like the dawgs. The last time they were relevant was under Terry Donahue who retired in the 90's. This was way before most recruits parents were aware of football.

As has been stated, the money will go, mostly, to pay down the AD's debt. Much like anybody and anything, you have to be careful when all you are doing is chasing money, it doesn't often end well.

Where CK will end up is probably some high school job in NH. That is if what he says is true. I kind of think he likes the money and fame LA affords him, even though he says he just wants to coach football.

• Thumbs Up 1

As Ducks fans, we should remember that Chip's offense and coaching elevated Oregon football to the national stage and title contention.

Kelly is 58 years-old now. At the end of last season he was recognized with a two-year contract extension after reportedly surviving limbo.

Chip Kelly's aledged disdain for recruiting and internal athletic department and university politics may prevent him landing a head coaching role at a top football program. 

Kelly is a coach by nature and vocation. I can imagine him finishing his career coaching at a lower ranked program or mid-major in a geography and situation he chooses. 

Another landing spot might be as an offensive coordinator for a title contending program.

Or, Chip is an independent soul who marches to his own drummer. He has varied interests and long-time friends. Following his UCLA run he may simply walk away from football to pursue life in another realm.

Edited by Notalot

On 7/12/2022 at 6:04 AM, Notalot said:

As Ducks fans, we should remember that Chip's offense and coaching elevated Oregon football to the national stage and title contention.

Kelly is 58 years-old now. At the end of last season he was recognized with a two-year contract extension after reportedly surviving limbo.

Chip Kelly's aledged disdain for recruiting and internal athletic department and university politics may prevent him landing a head coaching role at a top football program. 

Kelly is a coach by nature and vocation. I can imagine him finishing his career coaching at a lower ranked program or mid-major in a geography and situation he chooses. 

Another landing spot might be as an offensive coordinator for a title contending program.

Or, Chip is an independent soul who marches to his own drummer. He has varied interests and long-time friends. Following his UCLA run he may simply walk away from football to pursue life in another realm.

Chip is just another assistant, head coach, who left Oregon thinking he was all that and a bag of chips, and floundered. It is time for Oregon to realize the opportunity to coach at Oregon is an extremely good opportunity for a multitude of reasons. I think Dan Lanning may be the first coach who truly appreciates this, and hopefully this awareness continues.

I am grateful for what Chip brought to Oregon and the time he was here. He should be too, and realize he was very lucky. 

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 7/12/2022 at 6:04 AM, Notalot said:

I wouldn't mind him coming back to Oregon as the OC but I don't know if his ego will allow that.

UCLA is the tag along "friend" in a horror film. We all know how this will end before it begins.

• Haha 3
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ok, but I'm grateful and happy to have Dillingham. I hope that he stays at Oregon for five years or more.

On 7/12/2022 at 8:44 AM, kirklandduck said:

I wouldn't mind him coming back to Oregon as the OC but I don't know if his ego will allow that.

I too appreciate what he brought us, but a lot of fans were screaming for Chip to come back when Mari left...I was not one of them.  Different era already, time to move on.  I'm excited about a new era of innovation.  I don't really even want him as OC now.  OC needs to be a good recruiter.  Helf was a great OC...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/12/2022 at 1:11 PM, JDuck said:

I too appreciate what he brought us, but a lot of fans were screaming for Chip to come back when Mari left...I was not one of them.  Different era already, time to move on.  I'm excited about a new era of innovation.  I don't really even want him as OC now.  OC needs to be a good recruiter.  Helf was a great OC...

There are few people out there who are a bigger fan of what Chip did at Oregon than I....but I agree with JDuck on this.

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/12/2022 at 7:22 AM, Haywarduck said:

Bruin football hasn't been anything other than a history lesson, much like the dawgs. The last time they were relevant was under Terry Donahue who retired in the 90's. This was way before most recruits parents were aware of football.

As has been stated, the money will go, mostly, to pay down the AD's debt. Much like anybody and anything, you have to be careful when all you are doing is chasing money, it doesn't often end well.

Where CK will end up is probably some high school job in NH. That is if what he says is true. I kind of think he likes the money and fame LA affords him, even though he says he just wants to coach football.

Agree, UCLA has severely underachieved. Maybe Chip will be an OC somewhere. 

On 7/12/2022 at 8:04 AM, Notalot said:

True, he may just go fishing!

On 7/12/2022 at 11:44 AM, kirklandduck said:

He wouldn't, the more i think about it, he would probably rather be the HC at a smaller school. 

On 7/12/2022 at 2:49 PM, Notalot said:

Ok, but I'm grateful and happy to have Dillingham. I hope that he stays at Oregon for five years or more.

Unless he and the Ducks light it up, he might be gone in half that time. 

On 7/12/2022 at 3:11 PM, JDuck said:

Yep, the stars all aligned when Chip stepped in, he would NOT catch lightning twice. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/12/2022 at 1:23 PM, NickDanger Third Eye said:

Loved Chip

My amateur observation is: Chip=Asperger's.

Way too many letters on your diagnosis, just two 'ss' needed after the A.

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2022 at 3:23 PM, NickDanger Third Eye said:

Loved Chip

My amateur observation is: Chip=Asperger's.

Could be something there...

On 7/12/2022 at 1:43 PM, Darren Perkins said:

Unless he and the Ducks light it up, he might be gone in half that time. 

I think we'll be OK Darren, as the Ducks will light it up, and play defense too.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 1

On 7/12/2022 at 3:58 PM, Notalot said:

I think we'll be OK Darren, as the Ducks will light it up, and play defense too.

I worded that a little confusing, what I meant, is that if Dillingham does really good, he'll get a head coaching gig!  

• Yikes! 1

On 7/12/2022 at 1:44 PM, Darren Perkins said:

Yep, the stars all aligned when Chip stepped in, he would NOT catch lightning twice. 

It doesn't strike twice 

Except in The Great Outdoors