Smith72

Can Young Skill Players Make Oregon More Explosive?

I agree the Ducks offense will be more explosive than the past 4 years!

00003740243806-0987.jpg
PAMPLINMEDIA.COM

Ducks have size, speed and a wily veteran at receiver, three intriguing running backs and several tight end options.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

The answer is yes... But a better answer is yes because the scheme will create more opportunity for explosion plays. 

Hard to have too many big time deep ball plays when your QB only throws bubble screens. 

Hard to have many big chunk yardage run plays when you want to force all the runs right into the a-gap and the big defensive lineman. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Can they, yes, will they, probably, did they last year, no.

Our deep threats were like a group of sprinters who trained to do the 100 meter dash, but then never ran the race last year. To ask the question again is almost frustrating to hear. Of course they can run the 100 meter dash, let them! If not then.......drinking and smoking on Saturdays are on tap.

bd6x6.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

People aren't going to know what hit them with this offense. They are ready to explode and will do so in spectacular fashion. I might be wearing my green and yellow sun glasses, but my gut tells me we are going to shock the PAC and the country.

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

More WR athleticism + Better offensive scheme and coaching + Better QB's = More offense and downfield strikes.

Take it to the bank.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This years offensive talent is physically different. 

The Ducks started guys at WR who weren’t fast or tall. Williams wasn’t a burner and was 6’3”. The others short slow and not very big. Same at RB. Not particularly fast or big. 

This season will display multiple receivers and TEs 6’4” and 6’5” and others at 6’”3”. A couple of which have much better speed. 

Add in scheme changes and we may well see 5 pass catchers lining up all over 6’4”!  Not too many DB and LB corps can match that size. At minimum a Red Zone threat. 

I suspect the TEs will catch more passes and play action from under center will speed things up and create opportunities for separation behind a solid line and improved QB play supported by a coaching philosophy more productive than wrecking ball from a seven yard pistol with 5’9” 195lb RBs. 

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/12/2022 at 9:17 AM, Smith72 said:

Ducks have size, speed and a wily veteran at receiver, three intriguing running backs and several tight end options.

What is important is to help with speed, beside the opportunity the offensive and defensive schemes will create, is the hiring of Jarwarski Beckum as our new director of speed and performance.

I know this was mentioned on another thread, but I included it again in here just in case you have not read it.  It's worth reading.  It speaks on the importance of how Wilson Love and other strength and conditioning coaches are approaching each position group needs as well as each individual athlete's needs within those position groups.

S&C coaching team are assign to different position groups specializing specifically to those position group and individual athlete's needs.  Nothing is cookie cutter.  This is such an important intricate part in helping to physically, emotionally and mentally prepare this team to play up to their potential.

Each S&C coach has a role to play on game day as well.  Not just to keep coaches and players in line. 😉

Edited by NJDuck
  • Applause 2
  • Like 1

It’s hard to believe our offensive scheme could be any worse than the last four years.

Even with Herbert at the helm many on those wins could have been loses if not for Troy Dye and our defense Saving games at the end. Foot on the gas left with Chip.

Our younger players won’t be held back in this years version of the Ducks. I truly expect this coaching staff will bring out the best in all our players.

Confidence is high my friends.

• Thumbs Up 1