Krsmqn

Terrible News...Spencer Webb Dies in Accident 🙁

Twitter is blowing up. Multiple reports of his passing.  Nothing confirmed.

My wife is hearing the same thing about it being Spencer Webb.  My son has been to the same rock slides.  That is nuts.

Eugene, Springfield, Crow, Veneta, Elmira, Mapleton, etc kids hit those rock slides at Triangle Lake every summer. My son spent tons of time there and used to say how careful you had to be to avoid getting hurt. Whosever child it was that lost their life there, it's just tragic. 

Tragic accident. 

Been to those rockslides many times when I attended the University. The water is shallow near the rock slides, so I have to assume it was a head injury. 

OHH man

1d063391-3f68-4a77-a0ca-f471a453cde1-lar
KATU.COM

Oregon Ducks football player Spencer Webb was killed in a cliff-diving accident in Lane County on Wednesday, according to The Sacramento Bee.

I just found this out over on cougarboard.  This is so very tragic.  He was way too young and had just gotten his life started.   I just wanted to offer my condolences to the Oregon family.  

Edited by BYUTexan
  • Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Up 2

So very tragic.  My heart goes out to the Webb family and friends.  And to all of Ducknation.  🙏

• Thanks 7
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dammit!!!

I've been to those rock slides. Its a sad reminder that danger is all around us even for highly athletic people. I just hate hearing of tragedies like this. Even more so from youth, they are just starting, its not fair.

Horrible news 😞 He was one of my favorite Ducks starting with that "You've been Moss'd" catch against Auburn. I know this news set the Twitter world on fire last night as it was the #1 Trending News. I sure wish it had been for happier news 😞 

Very sorrowful that we lost such a wonderful and talented young man!  Our hearts and prayers goes out to the Webb family, team members and coaches.👃

Spencer Webb, you will always be in our hearts! 💚  You will be greatly missed!

So sorry to hear this. Condolences to his family and all of you in the Duck family.

• Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Brings back sad memories of starting Guard Jesse Nash drowning in the willamette river below the foot bridge in 1987. 
I’ve been a calculated risk taker my entire adult life. I’ve missed those calculations several times and come eerily close to not being here.  perhaps only by the grace of God I’m still here. 

There are no words to ease the pain. Only sorry sadness and the passage of time. Prayers for all who knew and loved him. 

This is tragic news,

This is awful.  Condolences to his family and to all Ducks.  

• Thanks 5

😢😢😢

So terribly sad. My deepest sympathy to all his family and friends.

Now our team has something else to play for. To honor his memory and not let this tragedy derail the coming season.

My thoughts go out to his family, friends, teammates and coaches, and fans of Oregon FB. We all know life is fragile and it will be hard to go on, but go on we must.

It's what he would want us to do. Honor him.

So, FoxSports, CBS Sports and Yahoo Sports all have stories about Spencer Webb, but ESPN doesn't.  They reported about Utah's players death the same day he was shot in September.

To the Oregon football family.  Your head coach is still a DAWG to UGA fans.  That makes Oregon football extended family for us.  We are with you all at this time of loss for your football family.  Our prayers and sympathies go out to friends and family of this young man.  This is a tragic loss when someone so young leaves us, but hopefully all can celebrate the good in his short life, and take comfort in knowing that we will be reunited in the next life.

• Thanks 7
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is such terrible news.  He appeared to be a fine young man who was respected by his teammates for his skills as well as his character.  My thoughts go out to his family.  

UO Athletics Mourns The Loss Of Spencer Webb

Statement from Oregon athletic director Rob Mullens, head football coach Dan Lanning, and the Oregon football program on the loss of Spencer Webb

"We are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Spencer Webb. Our hearts go out to his family, teammates, and friends at such a difficult time. We will miss Spencer greatly."

UO Athletics Mourns the Loss of Spencer Webb

Mr. FishDuck

So sad.  Never want to see a tragedy like this.  My heart goes out to his family and all of you.  

• Thanks 5

On 7/14/2022 at 8:36 AM, Tandaian said:

So, FoxSports, CBS Sports and Yahoo Sports all have stories about Spencer Webb, but ESPN doesn't.  They reported about Utah's players death the same day he was shot in September.

Its posted on ESPN now.

Guest Axel

Such a beautiful day. Such terrible news.

A palpable sadness hangs on me. I will wear it.

How dare life be so unfair, the fates so cruel?

I shall never understand it.

But in grief lives remembrance.

The only true immortality is memory.

Pax eternum, Spencer Webb.

On 7/14/2022 at 11:36 AM, Tandaian said:

So, FoxSports, CBS Sports and Yahoo Sports all have stories about Spencer Webb, but ESPN doesn't.  They reported about Utah's players death the same day he was shot in September

ESPN finally reported Spencer's death today around 12;30pm

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0714%2Fr1036264_
WWW.ESPN.COM

Oregon tight end Spencer Webb, 22, died after striking his head in a fall near Triangle Lake, a location popular for cliff jumping and natural rock waterslides.

Edited by NJDuck

I received the message of Spencer’s passing this morning while I was in a work-related video conference.  I had to turn my camera off as tears began to well in my eyes.

I was saddened not by the loss of a player but for the loss of promising young man’s life.  I then read a story regarding the broken home in which he grew up, of the older brother who had the courage to say, “I will raise you”, and later, along with his wife, Alicia, would become Spencer’s legal guardians.  This heightened my sense of sorrow for those who played such an integral part of Spencer’s life.  It also demonstrates the tremendous fortitude of our beloved TE to not be sidelined by life’s hurdles but to confront them and conquer.  And from all accounts, he did it with a smile. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to Spencer’s family, his friends, his teammates, and to all Ducknation.  Folks, we lost one of our guys…and it hurts. 

• Salute 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Like 3

Tennessee fan here, just wanted to swing by and give my condolences to our brothers out west. Your fanbase was good to me in Knoxville and in Oregon when we played. I wish his family the very best and best wishes for your program. 

• Salute 1
  • Thanks 12
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Heartbreaking news. So sorry for his families loss. Way to young to be taken.😥😥😥

• Salute 1

Aw jeez you hate to see something like this happening to these kids.  I feel terrible for his family, such horrible tragedy...

• Salute 1

spencer-webb-oregon.jpg
WWW.TOTALPROSPORTS.COM

Oregon tight end Spencer Webb died Wednesday in a tragic accident this week, according to a report from the Sacramento Bee. Webb was reportedly cliff diving near the Ducks’ campus when he...

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I just saw him last week at the mall, what a sad sad tragedy. I grew up in Mapleton and went to those same rock slides. RIP Spencer Webb. You will always be a legend to Duck fans.

The image of Herbert launching a back footed bomb to you your freshman year will always be seared in my memory. 😓

Edited by DuckUp1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I saw this on our Dawg Nation Georgia football site earlier. Such terrible news. My deepest condolences for the Duck family. Wishing you all peace and lots of love during this difficult time.

May this young man rest in peace. 🙏

• Thanks 6

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 3

Such tragic news, my prayers are with his family, and all those associated with Mr. Webb. 50+ year UGA fan hoping Georgia honors this young man by wearing Mr. Webb's jersey number as a helmet sticker, or another way to show support. Such sad news for the DUCK Nation, my deepest condolences.

• Salute 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As a Dawg fan, my heart goes out to Spencer Webb’s family, and all of the Duck Nation. Such a tragedy. Condolences.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 3

I hope the Ducks dedicate the upcoming season to his memory.  It would be a small but meaningful silver lining to an otherwise awful event.

• Salute 1
  • Like 2

Dawgs fan here, my heartfelt prayers and condolences to Spencer Webb’s family and friends and all of Duck Nation. This was indeed a tragic and sad event. May the Lord give them All His special peace and comfort.

• Thanks 6
  • Great post! 1

Just wanted to hop on here and give my condolences. Such a tragic loss of a young man who was a son, brother, friend, and athlete who, from all accounts carried himself in a standup way. No words can sooth the hurt. Oklahoma State fans, unfortunately, know what that loss is like. Thoughts and prayers are with the Webb family and the Duck family. 

• Thanks 3
  • Applause 1

• Great post! 3
  • Applause 1