Charles Fischer

A Week of Mourning on FishDuck for Spencer Webb

Like all of you--I am devastated by the terrible loss of Spencer Webb.  We will not be publishing articles on FishDuck.com (the article blog/site) for the remainder of this week and next week as a moment of silence for him, the family, friends, Duck fans and Oregon football teammates who will be mourning his loss.

How did Spencer Webb die? Body of Oregon Ducks star, 22, was found 100  yards down rocky trail | MEAWW

Posts on this site, the OBD forum will continue as you wish, although I personally will not posting much during this period.  Our GREEN REFUGE cannot escape everything from the real world...

• Salute 4
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • Like 3

Mr. FishDuck

This is terrible news not only for Spencer's family and the Duck nation but for college football fans everywhere. Rest in Peace young man.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Salute 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 1:12 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Like all of you--I am devastated by the terrible loss of Spencer Webb.  We will not be publishing articles on FishDuck.com (the article blog/site) for the remainder of this week and next week as a moment of silence for him, the family, friends, Duck fans and Oregon football teammates who will be mourning his loss.

How did Spencer Webb die? Body of Oregon Ducks star, 22, was found 100  yards down rocky trail | MEAWW

Posts on this site, the OBD forum will continue as you wish, although I personally will not posting much during this period.  Our GREEN REFUGE cannot escape everything from the real world...

What are the chances we can get a Spencer background picture on the site?

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 7/14/2022 at 12:54 PM, Wrathis said:

What are the chances we can get a Spencer background picture on the site?

Done.

• Thanks 2
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I’m a believer that THE best way to respect someone life is to emulate the good things they embodied and energy they put forth.  

By all public accounts Spencer Webb was a good human being, a good friend, family member, teammate, and one who lived life to its fullest potential and without reservation. I am sad. 

I respect everything Charles Fischer has done and continues to do with this wonderful site filled with good people but do wonder what this young man would say about pausing out of grief. 

This is NOT criticism. Simply a reminder that every one of us could be gone in an instant and living fully like he did, to me, is the best tribute to any person life. 

With less FishDuck to feed my addiction, I plan to honor this young man by working harder, getting fitter, being kinder, and calling everyone I love and reminding them that I do in FACT love them. 

That includes you Charles Fischer and the entire beloved Duck community. Love you all. Go Ducks and Rest In Peace Spencer Webb, you will be missed  

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 4

I am not pausing posts on this forum and want to make sure there is no confusion. 

I am pausing new articles being published on FishDuck...until his funeral/Memorial Services are past, although Oregon fans are quite welcome to continue posting here.  Everyone is different; some need to step away for a bit, while others need the distraction of football to help get them through the sadness of such an event.

I am trying to offer both; show respect, and deal with my own feelings by not engaging with new articles, and yet continue having this forum available for those who want and need the distraction.  Both avenues are fine, I just wanted to have them both available.

• Salute 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 6

Mr. FishDuck

Well done Mr. Webb. You will be missed.download.jpeg.07388ded3b78c735d2aa70bf675f60cd.jpeg

• Go Ducks! 1

I can't express how heavy my heart feels.   Each of these kids are a precious soul.  Maybe it's because I'm older and I was fortunate enough to live through my stupid youthful mistakes. 

I didn't know you Spencer but I feel like I knew you.  You are an Oregon Duck.   Peace be with you brother.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Salute 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's the right thing to do, Charles.

I found a link to his merchandise on his Twitter feed.  I'm buying his shirt and wearing it to the game in Atlanta.  Hopefully posting it here is not against a rule:

• Salute 1
  • Great post! 1

You can’t help but mourn the loss of those who have survived adversity and transformed themselves. They are always an inspiration - a breath of fresh air. God speed Spencer, you are deeply missed.

• Salute 1

a2b8ead3beae4ac49df22a7e33896960.jpg?w=6
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Never forgotten. Fans of the Oregon Ducks made sure of that after learning of Spencer Webb’s tragic passing on Wednesday.

• Salute 1

• Salute 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/15/2022 at 12:08 AM, chrisjenn99 said:

I'm buying his shirt and wearing it to the game in Atlanta.

I am doing the same!

• Salute 2

One of our best memories...

• Salute 1
  • Great post! 1

Mr. FishDuck

SW was holding his own against those Auburn monsters!! Guys like him dont come along as often as you might think. Plus a great kid too.

• Salute 1

Why don't we honor him and dedicate the season to him?  Place a black hashmark on the 18 yard line w/ his initials?  

I'm sure they will. Send them your idea.

Im sure the team will dedicate the season to him.