Log Haulin

D-Line Recruiting Projection Looks Promising for Ducks

DucksWire_RP.png?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks are now the leader in the clubhouse to land a pair of defensive lineman, one a 4-star from Arizona...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Sounds like GOOD NEWS to me.

• Go Ducks! 1

380lbs and doing the high kick like a Vegas showgirl. Impressive 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow!  Here's hoping the predictions come true!

• Thumbs Up 2

A true gap-plugging Nose Tackle is what Dan Lanning needs, and Washington is a Rivals 4-Star!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Samu Taumanupepe's athletic ability reminds me of Jordon Scott when he committed to Oregon.

Similar fire hydrant body type. Jordon ultimately lost some weight during his freshman year to shape up and be a great NT (his last year not withstanding).

• Go Ducks! 1

We also have a crystal ball for DL Greene, a 3/4* out of TX. Now we need OL. Come on Coach Klemm. Do your stuff.

• Go Ducks! 1

OK, the high kicking isn't the image we need. Here some other type of kicking, the kid doesn't give up.

zbux4x2ckgkaci4cazdk
TEXAS.RIVALS.COM

DT Samu Taumanupepe holds a Texas offer and he's hoping to get to Austin this summer for a visit.

Well, he definitely clogs up the middle and has pretty strong hands. Looks like potential is there but needs a lot of work.

Good project for our D line coach. Can’t teach size and he definitely has it.

On 7/15/2022 at 8:36 PM, Log Haulin said:

380lbs and doing the high kick like a Vegas showgirl. Impressive 

Future Rocket, wonder if he will try out for punter, bet he would be pretty good at it.

I imagine his body will change a bit with a major college training table and conditioning, but this guy could quietly turn out to be a great pick up.

On 7/16/2022 at 12:02 PM, OhioDuck said:

Future Rocket, wonder if he will try out for punter, bet he would be pretty good at it.

I imagine his body will change a bit with a major college training table and conditioning, but this guy could quietly turn out to be a great pick up.

If he could trim down to around 330, he'll be a nightmare in the conference.

On 7/15/2022 at 9:47 PM, kirklandduck said:

Jordon ultimately lost some weight during his freshman year to shape up and be a great NT (his last year not withstanding).

Sadly he tried to lose to much weight to impress the NFL scouts, and ended up losing a lot of power.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 7/16/2022 at 7:03 PM, chrisjenn99 said:

Sadly he tried to lose to much weight to impress the NFL scouts, and ended up losing a lot of power.

Oregon has a guy that will make sure that doesn't happen. 

• Applause 1

I don't understand why we haven't received the bump in commitments since signing D Moore, like other schools got from top QBs commitments?

On 7/17/2022 at 2:24 PM, Duck 1972 said:

I don't understand why we haven't received the bump in commitments since signing D Moore, like other schools got from top QBs commitments?

My guess would be conference uncertainty.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2022 at 2:52 PM, Log Haulin said:

My guess would be conference uncertainty.

Not many athletes are announcing commitments right now as It is a recruiting dead period for another week.  Coaches can't talk to recruits.  Expect it to pick up in August.

• Thanks 2
  • Applause 1