NJDuck

Canzano: There are More Important Things Than College Football

Putting priorities in right perspective brings balance in life.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

A column on Oregon Ducks' coach Dan Lanning

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

Great article about "him" and some of his conclusions. Incredible quote: “You can be a guy who is a husband and father first and still be a great coach and that’s exciting for me.”

Concerning the process of building team unity and leadership...below are some articles about what Lanning will implement at Oregon.

Noah-Sewell_Tom-Corno-300x300-cropped.jp
FISHDUCK.COM

Kirk Herbstreit recently stated that, "Georgia leadership is why the Bulldogs finished on top," and while I've written about the building of connections among...

Kirby-Smart-and-Dan-Lanning_Jeff-Sentel-
FISHDUCK.COM

This is another article in a series covering unique aspects Coach Dan Lanning will unfold at Oregon, and each article has had separate interesting subjects.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I thought I heard or read recently that the coaching staff was in the process of turning leadership, ownership over to the players. Lines up with both articles from FishDuck.

It's going to be a fun year for all Duck's.  It's been a brutal off season for Duck Nation. Looking forward to seeing how this team transforms into a champion on and off the field.

• Applause 3

Quote by Dan Lanning’s dad, apparently:

This is the son we raised. He is an honest, loving, sincere man. A great husband, dad, son, and coach (I think being a coach incorporates skills from all those areas.) His word is true and reliable. When he says he loves you, he means it in the truest sense. His priorities in life are family/people centered. There’s no one I’d rather have in my corner. The University of Oregon is blessed to have him, and I know he feels blessed to be there. I do expect there to be great success on the football field, but the greatest successes will be the relationships he makes and the men he builds. 

Thank you for this thoughtful article. 

Our entire family in Missouri look forward to many many years of being passionate Duck fans.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/17/2022 at 5:06 PM, Nautique Duck said:

Quote by Dan Lanning’s dad, apparently:

This is the son we raised. He is an honest, loving, sincere man. A great husband, dad, son, and coach (I think being a coach incorporates skills from all those areas.) His word is true and reliable. When he says he loves you, he means it in the truest sense. His priorities in life are family/people centered. There’s no one I’d rather have in my corner. The University of Oregon is blessed to have him, and I know he feels blessed to be there. I do expect there to be great success on the football field, but the greatest successes will be the relationships he makes and the men he builds. 

Thank you for this thoughtful article. 

Our entire family in Missouri look forward to many many years of being passionate Duck fan

From what his father quoted as well as what we so far have seen and read about Coach Lanning and company, I totally agree! Can't help but believe with great anticipation Oregon will see complete success bringing these young men to their potential, not only in athletics but also in life.

We are thankful that Coach Lanning is Oregon's head coach.  Go Ducks!  Fly High!

Edited by NJDuck
  • Thumbs Up 2