Pennsylvania Duck

Dante Moore: 'I Don't Want to Choose My College Off Money'--Must See Video

I am finding Dante Moore is easy to like. Below is a write up about Dante's feeling about NIL on his recru8ting.

Be sure to click on the interview towards the end of the article. He is a well spoken young man. 

AAWsVaD.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=
WWW.MSN.COM

Over the past couple of years, the recruiting landscape has changed in college football. No longer does a school just have...

• Thanks 1

A young man with his head screwed on straight.

• Applause 1

His demeanor reminds me of a certain Heisman trophy winner.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Definitely not a prima donna like the other 2 QBs. So glad they went elsewhere, so that we then turned our interest towards Moore. Unless that was the plan all along.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think we got a good leader for the team. 

He clearly understands there is money to be made but it sounds like although it's a priority, it isn't the only or top priority.  His vibe reminds me of MM, a kind human being with a ruthless drive to win. 

And hopefully he won't be affected by the money while in college. A focus on the team, coaches and program is a good start, well done Mr. Moore.

The money will come, the development and wins will take attention and effort.

Seems like the first student athlete who has really addressed the money and how they have dealt with the whole NIL discussions. As the qb it seems  like this was an amazing first step in becoming a leader on the team. Other recruits and players are watching every step he takes, this was a great one.

It will be interesting to see how a Rashada, and others do as compared to Moore. One qb seemed focused on the money and bright lights, the other an opportunity within a program where football is his number one priority. 

I also hope the Oregon Program learns from this experience. There are amazing young men out there who put program first, keep them coming.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 3

On 7/20/2022 at 8:48 AM, Haywarduck said:

It will be interesting to see how a Rashada, and others do as compared to Moore.

Truth is, I was highly interested in Nico, didn't care for Rashada and am personally thrilled to have a commitment from Moore.

It's a known thing in the NFL for players to be in a "contract year" and that they typically perform better in that year. Once they get the guaranteed payday, their performance tends to decline until their next contract. Using that as a parallel, I feel like Rashada's performance tanked after his Miami deal at the Elite 11. We didn't get to see Nico (I believe he was in a volleyball tournament) and Dante went out and improved his position (along with several other young men).

I'll be watching all of these young men this Fall to see how they fair and if they are taking steps forward or regressing after having earned their payday.  If they continue to grind, work and improve (in relation to their peers), that will go a LONG way in speaking to the character of these young men and what their motivation is.  That being said, I believe Mari is continuing to unwittingly do us favors, especially in this case by buying Rashada out from underneath  us, lol.

Simply put, I believe we have a real winner in Moore and what will end up being the cream of the crop...

• Great post! 1

Is the NIL process just another big Willy Wonka test? Other programs got commitments from Augustus Gloop, Veruca Salt, Violet Beauregarde, Mike Teavee, and we got Charlie?

3eecnu-1.jpg

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/20/2022 at 7:41 AM, Haywarduck said:

Is the NIL process just another big Willy Wonka test? Other programs got commitments from Augustus Gloop, Veruca Salt, Violet Beauregarde, Mike Teavee, and we got Charlie?

3eecnu-1.jpg

I would put Augustus at Nose Tackle in the 3-4......real gap closer that Gloop. 

• Haha 2