NJDuck

Canzano: Here's Hoping the Rose Bowl Makes It

JC is reminiscing about his grandfather and 1930 Rose Bowl game.  He contacted the Rose Bowl officials due to the recent events of realignment, but have not heard back from them.   He is wondering what might become of the Rose Bowl.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

UCLA and USC defection threatens history.

Edited by NJDuck

It would be an enormous shame if the Rose Bowl went away.  But given the current state of things, I can realistically see the Pac12 move off to a Pac12/ACC bowl game in Las Vegas should they come to some kind of alliance-type agreement.

Wouldn't it still be able to survive as a bowl game between the PAC and B1G.

On 7/20/2022 at 4:28 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Wouldn't it still be able to survive as a bowl game between the PAC and B1G.

What is the appetite of the Pac to have anything to do with the B1G after they poached the LA schools and tried to kill the conference?

I'm sure that all of the other conferences would be very interested in the Rose Bowl...

As much as we would miss the history of the Rose Bowl the fact is that it is a crappy stadium.

We will have to find a new tradition. Hopefully GK is a fairly bright and innovative man.

Time will tell.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/20/2022 at 7:10 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

... the fact is that it is a crappy stadium.

Yes, it is.

• Applause 1

With the Rose Bowl owned by UCLA, I'm not sure the Pac 12 have any say in the matter.

It is a terrible stadium.  The sight lines are terrible. Everything is old and worn.

On 7/20/2022 at 9:44 PM, Tandaian said:

With the Rose Bowl owned by UCLA, I'm not sure the Pac 12 have any say in the matter.

It is a terrible stadium.  The sight lines are terrible. Everything is old and worn.

From Wikipedia

The stadium and adjacent Brookside Golf and Country Club are owned by the city of Pasadena and managed by the Rose Bowl Operating Company, a non-profit organization whose board is selected by council members of the city of Pasadena.

• Whew! 1

Nice find McDuck.  If that is the case, it would be sweet if Pasadena said sorry, no B1G Ten games can be played here.  Of course, they won't do that because they get a lot of money from football games.  However, if is fun to think of them pulling the stadium from UCLA.

• Thumbs Up 1