NJDuck

Rumor: Notre Dame, NBC Negotiating Massive Deal to Keep Irish Independent

There are other side articles embedded in this main one you can click on to read.

I can be completely wrong about this, but maybe our odds to getting into the Big 10 is greater if the Irish stay independent.  Then maybe Big 10's next move would to bring in Oregon, Washington, Stanford and Cal.  They would have the whole west coast.  Unless Big 10 tries to grab schools from the ACC, though since they already have USC and UCLA it makes more sense to grab the other 4 schools in the PAC.

If that does not happen, I think the Big 12 isn't a bad landing spot for PAC schools, especially if NBC makes this new deal with the Irish.  If NBC can't secure tv rights with the Big 10 sharing games with Notre Dame, NBC might look to the Big 12..

At this point, just rumors, no one knows what is going to happen next.

AAZKRbK.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=
WWW.MSN.COM

College football realignment rumors: Notre Dame, NBC negotiating massive deal to keep Fighting Irish independent

Edited by NJDuck
  • Great post! 1

Nice to see the perpetrators fighting it out amongst themselves in their own Benjamin-lined hog trough. Greed is its own reward. Maybe they’ll bankrupt each other. Nah, that would be just too lucky!

Edited by Washington Waddler
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 5

I'm so tired of all the speculation. I have no absolutely no input and it's starting to raise my anxiety levels.

The best thing for me would be stop reading about it, but I feel compelled to, to stay in the loop. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place.

My sympathy goes out to the remaining PAC administration's. They must be going through hell trying to figure it all out. 

I guess as with everything in life, only time will tell. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Just a thought, can Oregon negotiate its own TV deal? Or are they tied to Pac?

I think, if Oregon leaves the PAC, they could try and negotiate any deal 

However, you need interest from multiple partners to bid up the price. Not sure we generate that kind of excitement.

We need a conference for scheduling. I would love to see each team be able to keep the revenues from their OOC games. Share the conference and bowl revenue.

But let each team schedule bigger OOC paydays and keep the revenue. If thats even possible.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/22/2022 at 4:47 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

I would love to see each team be able to keep the revenues from their OOC games. Share the conference and bowl revenue.

But let each team schedule bigger OOC paydays and keep the revenue. If thats even possible.

That makes far too much since for it to ever happen. Ha!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/22/2022 at 4:58 PM, DUCati855 said:

That makes far too much since for it to ever happen. Ha!

I'd like to see a reversion to the power 5 conferences, the regular season TV money from all the networks spread evenly among all the P5 schools, a OOC schedule that requires only schools from the other four conferences, a 16 team playoff with its own TV revenue (each playoff round has its own TV  payout divided evenly between the remaining playoff teams), the first round of the playoffs would be held in the Top 8 Bowl games, each of the 5 conferences would get 2 automatic layoff bids leaving 6 at large bids determined by a playoff committee.

The money made in such a scenario would be staggering....automatic conference playoff births and evenly divided TV revenue - like the NFL - would give all schools an equal shot at recruiting and getting to the playoffs.....and yes I know it will never happen. 

• Salute 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes, you can thank the SEC. I don't believe the B1G voted against the expansion with auto bids but we know for sure the SEC did.

All schools do keep their regular season OOC game money.  They share in bowl revenue, which is a huge scam.  Except for the biggest bowl games, the teams playing in the game lose money because they are forced to buy a certain amount of tickets and that usually doesn't happen.  

• Thanks 1