Charles Fischer

How Much DO Trojan Fans Care About Dumping on Oregon?

This pretty well summarizes it....

• Wow 1

Mr. FishDuck

The conundrum that USC faces in the mirror every day is you can never catch up to your past.

They are like that privileged, neighborhood kid whose daddy buys him the best basketball, and builds him a backyard court where he plays all by himself. And, when he invites his friends over to show them how much better he has become than them, but they don’t understand this by beating him, he pouts, and taking his ball, goes in the house.

Like that kid, USC doesn’t seem to understand anymore how to deal in reality as they go chasing after their dreams of the past. 

All that’s happened is their neighborhood friends have gotten bigger.

• Thumbs Up 4

A 4-8 team fires their coach and then joins a tougher conference that's about 2500 miles away. All signs point to a dumpster fire that's about to consume the building. The national media is feeding the denial narrative that flows naturally from the SC hive mind anyway. The looming Chevy Chase pratfall coming from Tommy Trojan will be hysterical.

"Barely alive from Ann Arbor, it's Saturday night!"

• Thumbs Up 4

There is an ancient proverb that USC/fans should take heed in.  "Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and shrewd in their own sight!  Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes?  There is more hope for a fool than for him."  Nothing comes good from it!

Hoping the PAC finds the best solution moving forward.  Or, the schools in the PAC might have to find better landing spots. That might be the Big 12, if accepted.

The biggest issue with the ACC is their contractual agreement.  A Big12/PAC/ACC with the best brands/cities would maybe have been the best solution.

Go Ducks!  Fly High!

• Thumbs Up 4

Lincoln Riley may be a great O coach but I spent last night looking at highlights of Oklahoma games, he is definitely going to have to up the D in the B10 or its not going to be pretty. I think USC made the road to the NCG a lot tougher. But $$$ talks.

• Mic drop 1

Jealousy breeds ignorance.  USC fans know the condoms football program has been at best mediocre for the better part of 20 years now.  In that time Oregon has risen, become the Pac12 standard, and eaten USC's lunch every year.  Instead of admitting it, Trojans ignore facts and buy into inflated hype every dang year.  It's a vicious but very silly cycle for them.

• Applause 2

On 7/22/2022 at 9:08 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

Lincoln Riley may be a great O coach but I spent last night looking at highlights of Oklahoma games, he is definitely going to have to up the D in the B10 or its not going to be pretty. I think USC made the road to the NCG a lot tougher. But $$$ talks.

LR is a brilliant offensive-minded coach.  The problem is that when he runs into an equally brilliant *defensive*-minded coach, he comes up short.  It's why Baylor's Dave Aranda has been Riley's kryptonite recently.  It's only going to get worse for him as he goes up against higher quality defenses in the B10.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 7/22/2022 at 9:33 AM, kirklandduck said:

LR is a brilliant offensive-minded coach.  The problem is that when he runs into an equally brilliant *defensive*-minded coach, he comes up short.  It's why Baylor's Dave Aranda has been Riley's kryptonite recently.  It's only going to get worse for him as he goes up against higher quality defenses in the B10.

So what happens when Riley has to take on Lanning? Especially if the Ducks have a solid offense to go with that defense. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I hope our Ducks D crap all over Riley's offense.

A great defense will stop a great offense most of the time if that great defense also has a good enough offense.

On 7/22/2022 at 1:32 PM, David Marsh said:

So what happens when Riley has to take on Lanning? Especially if the Ducks have a solid offense to go with that defense. 

Exactly. At least if USC stayed in the Pac-12 LR would only have to worry about Oregon and Utah...in the B10 it's going to be way harder.

• Let’s hope! 1

I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion but I think SC will do well in the B1G.  LR will have 2 complete recruiting classes under his belt, not to mention the transfer portal pickups so the roster will be loaded.  He's a great offensive coach so if he can recreate what he had in OU on that side of the ball and couple it with just an average defense, SC will be in the hunt immediately for a B1G championship.  

All that said, I wish nothing but the worst for SC...

Guest Axel

There's a toilet that's called USC

A haven of skullduggery

For your information

There’s no education

Just swindling and backstabbery

Having USC leave the P12 and SD State potentially join is like a dream come true for me. I really hope it happens.

Some comparisons:

SD State in very nice neighborhood and crime stats very good. It is one of the nicest parts of the entire San Diego metro.

At USC you better hope your navigation doesn't malfunction and send you into the wrong neighborhood. When you find yourself in the deepest of gang areas and someone asks "where you from" it isn't going to be Sheriff Andy Taylor striking up a friendly conversation. 

San Diego has some fantastic golf courses and one of the best is Torrey Pines. Can you envision yourself having a combo golf/football weekend in 70 degree weather? Wearing shorts in November isn't a bad thing and having to remember to pack sunblock is not the worst problem to have.

image.thumb.png.c306b42a625930304c057001a860669f.png

It will be a drag not to be able to go to John's Liquor store conveniently located just blocks from the LA Coliseum. Although I have to admit I hated their cash only policy for lottery tickets. I just never felt comfortable carrying more than $20 on me while shopping there.

image.thumb.png.a1e735331d38d259091a601a08ef96e8.pngimage.png.84c173542af834359efbadc531dcb7f8.png

Let's go San Diego State ... BIG UPGRADE!

Edited by LADuck
  • Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 4:38 PM, DCDuckfan said:

I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion but I think SC will do well in the B1G.  LR will have 2 complete recruiting classes under his belt, not to mention the transfer portal pickups so the roster will be loaded.  He's a great offensive coach so if he can recreate what he had in OU on that side of the ball and couple it with just an average defense, SC will be in the hunt immediately for a B1G championship.  

All that said, I wish nothing but the worst for SC...

You have to remember it opens recruiting in the LA area to B1G schools.

That's worse than fighting off just the Ducks. And we will still be able to get our fair share. You may be right but history says otherwise.