Annie

Miami Removing the 'Turnover Chain' Ahead of 2022 Season

Yup and they are replacing it with the new logo-----3 yards or bust!!

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

That's MC all the way. He's a no nonsense coach. Was his motivation to take away individual focus over the team (which I agree with) or it's all business with no fun?

Imho maybe that's why he and the Ducks burned out last year.  

• Thumbs Up 2

IMO Mario was out the door about 5 games into last season, I wont forgive him for that.

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mario was out the door after the victory in the shoe. Biggest OOC road victory in a decade in college football.

Once MC soft pedalled Herbie asking him about the Miami job in the 2nd full week of the season, well the writing was already on the wall 

Herbie had heard the rumors, whispers and concetures and put 2 and 2 together.

Thats okay though. Things usually work out for the best. What comes around goes around.

GO DUCKS.......

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/22/2022 at 3:24 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

IMO Mario was out the door about 5 games into last season, I wont forgive him for that.

In his defense that is roughly when his mother was hospitalized.  She passed away last spring.  A parent in critical condition is a distraction.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/22/2022 at 8:08 PM, McDuck said:

In his defense that is roughly when his mother was hospitalized.  She passed away last spring.  A parent in critical condition is a distraction.

He should have turned the team over to an assistant if his Mom was so sick. Fans would have understood. 

I think he is too much a control person to do that though.

Mario ended up here because Willie brought him in, it's not like we recruited him as a head coach from day one. When he was hired as HC and had some success I thought about what if this guy wants to end up at his Alma Mater, down the road. When Miami fired their coach and his mom became ill, I thought it was even more of a possibility. He built up a great recruiting reputation before he came to the Ducks too. Thats why schools have buy out's.

When schools want to make a change, they do it.

What If Marcus Mariota developed a reputation as a solid coach after his pro career and he was enticed to accept a job at Oregon?

• Applause 1

On 7/23/2022 at 8:57 AM, Washington Waddler said:

Chain of fools

No kidding.  Games in which they were hopelessly behind, get a turnover, and prance around like they just won the lottery = laughable. 

Good move by Mari, second only to leaving Eugene.

• Cool 1

The comment below by Colby....he knows Mari!

• Haha 4
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/23/2022 at 9:23 AM, Duckhart said:

What If Marcus Mariota developed a reputation as a solid coach after his pro career and he was enticed to accept a job at Oregon?

Funny you should say something like that.... A couple years ago I wrote an article about Mariota should potentially look at coaching when he is done with the NFL as a player, still hoping for a successful second act from him. 

Marcus-Mariota-v-Cal-2014-John-Giustina-
FISHDUCK.COM

Marcus Mariota is the greatest Oregon football player of all time. He won Oregon its first Heisman Trophy...

• Thumbs Up 3