DuckIt

Buckeye Claims ND to B1G is a Done Deal

Now, they are in pursuit of Stanford.  I don't know if there is any truth to this rumor, but if this is the case, the Ducks could be left out in the cold.

default.png
247SPORTS.COM

Big Ten Expansion Intel

Let them go and recruit some new teams to the P12. Let's go San Diego State and Fresno State. Ducks would be fine as the premier program in the conference. I think staying as a team that plays on the west coast with shorter commutes and better weather to play in would be a winning combination.

Perfect timing for SD State with nice new stadium coming.  We can tell recruits you get to play here instead of that dump the Coliseum! Plus us alum golfers can hit the course on road games in some nice sunny weather. Beats the hell out of going to almost any other B10 location.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/22/2022 at 6:45 PM, LADuck said:

Let's go San Diego State and Fresno State.

By adding them...does that increase our size of the slice?  We will be buried by the revenue of the two biggies...

Stanford has more appeal than Oregon?  They just want another Northwestern to beat-up on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

The "intel" has a "my uncles brother-in-laws son was told" feel.  Not buying it for a minute. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I think we would ultimately be fine. San Diego State was 12 -2 last year and beat Utah. You put them in the P12 and improve their brand the TV market will grow. With the nice new stadium, upgrade in competition, and great location the recruits will come and they will ultimately become a top ten program. I live in Southern Cal and can vouch for the fact that fans jump on the bandwagon quickly when circumstances change. SD State is on the verge of becoming a bigger player. According to stats enrollment 33,000 which is not huge but not bad at all. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/22/2022 at 9:06 PM, McDuck said:

The "intel" has a "my uncles brother-in-laws son was told" feel.  Not buying it for a minute. 

Actually, my uncle's brother-in-law is a dentist, and one of his patients is a very knowledgeable and well-connected Notre Dame alum.  He asked him straight out, "Is Notre Dame going to the Big 10?"  The patient said, "tthuuthbettha makethatha zzztheathum." 

In my mind, that settles it.  Where that leaves Ducks, I just can't be certain.

• Haha 2

Does Stanford want to go to Big 10? I am not sure they want to buy into the extra travel, be a lower tier team, etc.

It doesn't seem to fall well with their student academic endeavors. Has anyone read about their interest in doing this?

On 7/22/2022 at 6:52 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Stanford has more appeal than Oregon?  They just want another Northwestern to beat-up on.

Exactly... Unless the formula changes for the playoff invitational there is no incentive to add tougher teams to thr B1G. 

In some ways I think Oregon shocking Ohio State has given them pause. 

USC and UCLA are both meh at best. They will probably make bowl games regularly but not threaten the status quo. 

tOSU, Michigan, Wiss, Penn st, Mich St... makes USC, at best, 6 or 7th best team in the B1G. 7 losses and you are sitting at home in Dec.

USC has got to be pushing their new B1G brothers to do anything but add Oregon since we own them

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Axel

I come from the land of Buckeyes. I trust a Buckeye as much as I'd trust driving a 1985 Yugo to victory in the Talladega 500. 

The Ohio State University is the only place that offers a graduate program in idiocy. 

If a Buckeye says that Notre Dame and Stanford jumping to the Big Ten is a "done deal," I would expect Notre Dame to soon be joining the SEC and Stanford to be disbanding its football program.

The Big  10 may figure that having Stanford would lure in ND, since they have a long history of playing each other.

On 7/22/2022 at 11:56 PM, AllOregon said:

USC has got to be pushing their new B1G brothers to do anything but add Oregon since we own them

I don't think it's the field so much as recruiting....Oregon's done really well in SoCa for the last decade plus and SC's gonna need those players to compete in the BIG....what better way to change the playing field than to have Oregon relegated to a lesser conference giving SC the upper hand in terms of prestige and exposure.....But yes, I think SC is actively trying to keep Oregon out of the BIG.