Pennsylvania Duck

Revenue Sharing: Big 10 Commissioner, Independent Players Association Discuss Demands

AAZSdfD.img?h=315&w=600&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=f
WWW.MSN.COM

The NCAA‘s recent rule changes allowing players to profit from their name, image, and likeness have changed the world of...

• Wow 1
  • Thanks 1

And revenue that goes to the football players will not be there to fund the other sports.  How do schools later avoid Title 9 lawsuits?  Is that when football teams break away from universities and become the NFL "G" League?

You better enjoy the next two years of non-revenue sports...

Damn Husky is out at Home!

Husky out at Home_Eric Evans Twitter.jpg

The news for Oregon gets worse-and-worse...

• Oh no! 1

Mr. FishDuck

If revenue is shared, would this make the athletes employees of the university?

They certainly don't sound like "amateurs" anymore if a "union" of sorts is being used for financial gain.

This is just another potential item to add to the list that is wrong with college football, disillusioning fans.

The fact that meetings are taking place is disappointing.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Players who get paid should lose their amateur status. At that point, they are professional players. 

This is bad news for teams NOT in the B1G and SEC, who will not get the massive TV deals that are being rumored.  

• Thumbs Up 1

This thing is totally ridiculous. Its like putting a noose around its neck just waiting for the floor to drop. 

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, my friends, it has not happened yet, and we have a very exciting college football season ahead of us.  I am well aware of what is in front of us over the longer term, but I am going to savor what we have for as long as it lasts.

Autzen Stadium FP KC.jpg

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I am excited about the next 2 years but why do people always muck up a good thing? It seems to happen more often than not.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/24/2022 at 9:02 AM, cartm25 said:

Will be interesting to see things in 2024.

All we can do is hope the powers that be make the right decisions.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Won’t be long when these kids will be paying union dues and taking random pee tests. Kids be careful what you ask for. Insurance companies will make your lives miserable.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe they need to look at the MLB minors pay. I don't know what it is now but in 2007/8 my nephew was getting 1k a month only during the season and if he played winter ball.

He got a 50k signing bonus after being selected in the 11th round by TX as a Jr. relief pitcher from OSU.  He played 3 yrs and made it to Double A, then a injury cost him his career.

He had to pay for his own lodging, food, etc. Now I'm no math wizard but I believe the current situation is incredibly better. 

I doubt they will see it that way though. They are kids after all.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/24/2022 at 10:45 AM, Duck 1972 said:

Maybe they need to look at the MLB minors pay. I don't know what it is now but in 2007/8 my nephew was getting 1k a month only during the season and if he played winter ball.

He got a 50k signing bonus after being selected in the 11th round by TX as a Jr. relief pitcher from OSU.  He played 3 yrs and made it to Double A, then a injury cost him his career.

He had to pay for his own lodging, food, etc. Now I'm no math wizard but I believe the current situation is incredibly better. 

I doubt they will see it that way though. They are kids after all.

I knew a guy personally that was a star pitcher for the Spokane Indians back when the PCL was fairly big time. Mostly his girlfriend supported him, seriously. 

If College ball turns to the minors we are all going to have a laugh. If the major colleges and universities were smart they would buy out Fox and ESPIN while they have a chance because these idiots are so stupid that they are shooting themselves in the feet.

• Applause 1

What's next--pension plans for student athletes?

• Oh no! 1
  • Yikes! 1
  • Haha 1

This is a huge can of worms. Football and Basketball support a lot of the minor sports. If they start revenue sharing with players, how long before the budgets to all the minor sports

get cut. And at what point to we just declare that  football and basketball are no longer college sports but a private business ran by the tv networks.  And since crap runs downhill,  high school

would be come the new college ball. Just  mho 

• Oh no! 1
  • Yikes! 1