Smith72

Ten Breakout Offensive UO Players To Watch This Fall

I can't wait to watch OBD offense to explode this fall!

11054298.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

Each fall a handful of players make the strides from relative obscurity to a key role on the Oregon offense or defense. These players don't...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Smith72 thanks for posting this article. Fun to think about the potential of these talented players as the season slowly approahes.

I personally hope that those on this Forum with the ability to discuss player potential and development share their thoughts with us.

IMHO the competition will be fierce and the very best will make the field. All of the 10 players listed would be starters on almost all PAC schools including the dynamic back stabbing duo in so cal 

The more of these 10 who perform to their talent level the greater the chance the Ducks win the PAC and head to the CFP. Afterall the Rose Bowl should be the basement for this team, not the ceiling

Go Ducks............

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I Don'te' doubt will see a ThornTon of our 6' 5" speedster.

At RB it will be interesting to see who wins out, and I have no doubt we will soon forget Troy's little brother. What may be most interesting is how many times we see Seven on the highlight films, not just on the scoreboard.

What I look for isn't the breakout, but the lack of breakouts through our D-line. Our D-line may be what breaks other teams, much like the gut punches are what wears down a fighter. There will be plenty of flash on both sides of the ball, but the breakout group just might be the D-line.

The O-line is already getting some love, but the D-line may be the secret to the season. So my breakout players will be the D-line, but many may not notice, and that is ok.

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 7/24/2022 at 11:42 AM, Haywarduck said:

I Don'te' doubt will see a ThornTon of our 6' 5" speedster.

At RB it will be interesting to see who wins out, and I have no doubt we will soon forget Troy's little brother. What may be most interesting is how many times we see Seven on the highlight films, not just on the scoreboard.

What I look for isn't the breakout, but the lack of breakouts through our D-line. Our D-line may be what breaks other teams, much like the gut punches are what wears down a fighter. There will be plenty of flash on both sides of the ball, but the breakout group just might be the D-line.

The O-line is already getting some love, but the D-line may be the secret to the season. So my breakout players will be the D-line, but many may not notice, and that is ok.

It will be hard to forget those gloveless and needless fumbles, that's for sure....

I am very much looking forward to a return of a modern offence. 

• Thumbs Up 2

My take is 

#1 Cardwell We didn't get to see him in spring but the reports said he was ready to be a top RB

#2 McGee He's going to be the closest thing to DAT we have seen in yrs. Running, catching, and returning.

#3 Thornton. He is going to be the HR pass catcher this year with 75 yrds per game average.

# 4 Cota he's going to be our go-to guy when we need a big play.

# 5 Herbert is going to be a healthy and ready to compete with the other TE's to be a matchup nightmare.

#6 OL Powers/Johnson, Jaramillo, and Harper will see important playing time as injury replacements.

# 7 Dollars, Irvine, Neal, and Whittingham will give us RB depth we have never had before.

#8 I don't see Nix as a breakout because he was OK at Auburn. He will be better for the Ducks.

• Thumbs Up 3