DrJacksPlaidPants

USC, The Paper Powerhouse.

I guess the rest of the Pac-12 shouldn’t even bother to dress out against the Trojans this Fall. Even if they do win the conference and go to the playoff, their first round opponent will be licking their chops.

USATSI_18138838-1200x628.jpg
WWW.SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH.COM

In barely half a year since hiring Lincoln Riley, the Trojans have gone from a virtual nonentity to a favorite to reach the CFP. Here's how.

• Thanks 1

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I suspect that the pac 12 refs will be very fair to UCLA and USC this year. LOL.

For them......first downs .......10.5 yards........spots......sorta close........all hits look ok to me.......bring on the third USC QB.  

Now, they would not do this........right........but if the game is close........pass interference don't exist.

The playoffs........lots of luck with that. No way USC beats Utah or Oregon at a neutral or worst site.......the refs will be there.

Complaints to the conference office.......placed in the round file under the desk.  

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/24/2022 at 9:13 PM, fred flintstone said:

I suspect that the pac 12 refs will be very fair to UCLA and USC this year. LOL.

For them......first downs .......10.5 yards........spots......sorta close........all hits look ok to me.......bring on the third USC QB.  

Now, they would not do this........right........but if the game is close........pass interference don't exist.

The playoffs........lots of luck with that. No way USC beats Utah or Oregon at a neutral or worst site.......the refs will be there.

Complaints to the conference office.......placed in the round file under the desk.  

They’re PAC-12 refs. Who they choose to screw on any given Saturday is anybody’s guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

uscuc will be improved. Hell it couldnt get any worse.

I wont discount what transfers can do. Both MSU and Baylor had dramatic turn arounds in 2021 with transfers. uscuc brought in some talent for sure. Can they jell and is it enough to fill a dumpster fire of a roster?

As for making the CFP? I have 2 words for the author of this article:

OREGON......UTAH......

Get past them and we can talk. After all they play the games first before they hand out the trophy.......

Be glad when the uscuc and uclasuc and their arrogance are the BIG's problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

7c39afb5b725c5cca811df25136fe9a589c6d8b8d66fa92408b11e5a950c3b77.jpg

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1

I think this year USC's depth will fail them.  They will be rough around the edges weeks 1-3 and could drop one to either Stanford or Fresno St.  Around week 4 through week 8 they should hit their stride.  Could still lose a couple games in there to OSU and/or Utah.  Week 9-12 I think they lose two games.  ND because they will just be better but their depth will make it seem more lopsided than it would if the game were played 6 weeks earlier.  But the other loss will be UCLA and only because they will run out of quality players to put on the field.

My prediction is they will be healthy for their bowl game and finish the season 9-4 or 8-5.  Next year is when they will see real improvement.

• Whew! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Can Caleb Williams avoid injury or illness?  Miller Moss is #2 on the depth chart "Overall in 2021, he completed 8-of-13 passes (61.5%) for 74 yards with 1 TD and had 3 rushes for minus 14 yards (-4.7 avg)."

After him are they looking at a true freshman?

• Thumbs Up 1

USC wins the off -season, once again. 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/24/2022 at 9:13 PM, fred flintstone said:

SEC style referee tactics. 😂 

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2022 at 9:48 PM, McDuck said:

Can Caleb Williams avoid injury or illness?  Miller Moss is #2 on the depth chart "Overall in 2021, he completed 8-of-13 passes (61.5%) for 74 yards with 1 TD and had 3 rushes for minus 14 yards (-4.7 avg)."

After him are they looking at a true freshman?

Moss is a pocket passer 247 Composite Top 100 rated kid who was paired with Jake Garcia who was even higher rated. Then Jaxson Dart blew up his senior year and committed to USC, then Garcia flipped to Miami. 

Dart beat out Miller for QB2 last year and I think him being a tad bigger/stronger with the ability to extend plays was a key factor.

I'm not sleeping on Moss under Riley who is a QB Guru. Moss has QB brains, poise, quick release and good touch, Riley can work with that and do wonders. Moss won't dynamically extend plays like Williams or Dart do, but he should be a get through he reads and get the ball out quick kid who can make an offense go. 

Edited by DazeNconfused

Don’t let the door hit you and take that gawd awful OJ statue and  fight song with you.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

SC has made some splashy moves with skilled players on offense for sure. They have solidified their defense, but I don't see spectacular improvement yet. 

So, they will almost certainly be better.

We'll see how the move to the B1Ugly plays out with recruiting. Are Southern California guys going to cherish playing November and December games in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan? Even State College PA can be frigged.

Yeah, it rains in Oregon, but you don't get frostbite.

There is also a style of play issue. You think MC (no O) was boring. Wait until you get a load of Wisconsin and Iowa groveling in the dirt on Saturday afternoons.

I'm still not sold on Riley. Yes, he's a good coach, but he has only proved so far that he can keep an already speeding train (Oklahoma) on the tracks. He took over a derailed USC program.

He may very well prove himself at USC, but I want to see game day results before judging.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Riley bowl record is not that impressive and he lost to both Baylor & OSU last year.

• Applause 1

On 7/24/2022 at 6:13 PM, fred flintstone said:

Well, you'll enjoy what us Duck fans endure EVERY year we play the Furd 

Sorry, not sorry 

• Applause 1

I see Utah, Notre Dame, and possibly even those *amn Beav's putting the Trojans back in their wrapper !

SC fans traveling to their first game in indiana

B8C66577-75F6-486B-B062-CCCA6EDB14D9.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1