LuckeyDuck

Chip, UCLA and Doomsday!

Call me what you want but I see something heading down the pike towards Chip Kelly, and UCLA. It's coming hard, and fast. It's Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State

Penn State, and Wisconsin. The Bruins must have been brewin something mighty stout, and they swiged every drop of it right before they signed off on the Pac.

I see them getting smashed for several years in a row, and not needing to drink a thing to get there. (Chip, Cal needs a new coach).

I'll be stunned if USC does better then 3rd their first several years in the B1G. (I didn't say sad). They're living off a past, that's LONG past. Good Luck boys 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm still a believer in CK...true, its just because of what he did for Oregon and so I hold him in high regard even to this day.  That aside, I think he has turned the corner with UCLA and I expect he will continue to build their program upwards.  I don't see them being on par year in and year out with with Ohio St, but I do think he will elevate the Bruins to be competitive with Penn St., Michigan, Michigan St., Iowa, Wisconsin yearly and the occasional conf. championship.

I guess time will tell...  

Edited by DCDuckfan
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/25/2022 at 8:52 PM, DCDuckfan said:

I'm still a believer in CK...true, its just because of what he did for Oregon and so I hold him in high regard even to this day.

Kind of crazy to think that this year marks Chip's 5th at UCLA by the end of the year he will have been at UCLA as a head coach longer than he was at Oregon. 

I love what Chip did for Oregon but those days are long, long gone now. 

• Thumbs Up 3

This year is make or break.

They have one of the easiest schedules in CFB and play no Power 5 out of conference game (neither do the Beavs)

I'm guessing break 

• Whew! 1

On 7/25/2022 at 8:41 PM, LuckeyDuck said:

Call me what you want but I see something heading down the pike towards Chip Kelly, and UCLA. It's coming hard, and fast. It's Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State

Penn State, and Wisconsin. The Bruins must have been brewin something mighty stout, and they swiged every drop of it right before they signed off on the Pac.

I see them getting smashed for several years in a row, and not needing to drink a thing to get there. (Chip, Cal needs a new coach).

I'll be stunned if USC does better then 3rd their first several years in the B1G. (I didn't say sad). They're living off a past, that's LONG past. Good Luck boys 🙂

They see a sinking ship and had a chance at a lifeboat.  

I don't believe they or the uncivilized spoiled children will be in the east division. That means they are playing Ind., Illinois, Min., Purdue, Iowa, Neb., Northwestern, Wisc.. Not exactly Murderers Row. 

With that said, history says it'll take awhile for them to play in the championship game, where they'll play the big boys.

On 7/25/2022 at 10:41 PM, LuckeyDuck said:

The Bruins must have been brewin something mighty stout, and they swiged every drop of it right before they signed off on the Pac.

"Must have been something mighty rich to make a fellow like you so gawd-awful sick." 

Name that Oregon literary reference.