Pennsylvania Duck

Analyst: Ducks Landed One of Best Transfer Corners in Christian Gonzalez

Ducks are lucky to have him as it was a position of need.

USATSI_18077450_168381178_lowres-1200x62
SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

The Ducks landed one of the best corners on the transfer market this offseason, according to one college football analyst.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

My favorite part is his DB coach came along too.

DL seems to be a young DEFENSIVE aggressive coach, who also recruits.

Chances are he wouldn't bring sluggo coaches over to the defense.

So the quality and aggressiveness of our D should go way up!

Can't wait 

• Thumbs Up 2

He was noticeable in the Spring Game

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes and partner him with Manning who is going to show us he's a 5* and we have 2 great corners. Then we have depth with my breakout player A Dickerson and Barkins with the two super frosh Jalil's and Terrell. 

Couple that with two tall and fast safety's Bridges and Addison. Throw in experienced, killer nickel/dime DBs B Williams and J Hill. 

Add in inspiring, top coaches with a dynamic scheme and it brings me to a only one conclusion. We will have a very strong Defensive Backfield.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 12:07 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Yes and partner him with Manning who is going to show us he's a 5* and we have 2 great corners. Then we have depth with my breakout player A Dickerson and Barkins with the two super frosh Jalil's and Terrell. 

Couple that with two tall and fast safety's Bridges and Addison. Throw in experienced, killer nickel/dime DBs B Williams and J Hill. 

Add in inspiring, top coaches with a dynamic scheme and it brings me to a only one conclusion. We will have a very strong Defensive Backfield.

Good post we have a ton of depth and quality on the back end!

You hit everyone but Steve Stephens who was a starter last year, Daymon David came back, JJ Greenfield, Trejon Williams and Baby Flowe was converted to safety.  Greenfield and Barkins are the only 3-stars in that group of the top of my head. 

I think the Jahil's, Avante, Stephens were all Top 150 guys, and Coach Meats son and Presley are both the same, so we got some real solid 4-star depth in the young guys coming in this year and next.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1