HawaiiDuck

Way Too Early Pac-12 Team Game-by-Game Predictions

USATSI_17285344-2.jpg?w=640
COLLEGEFOOTBALLNEWS.COM

Pac-12 preseason predictions for...

Ducks predicted to finish 9-3 (7-2) in three-way tie for 1st with U$C, Utah. Predicted losses: Georgia, Cal (!), OSU.

T1. Oregon*
T1. USC
T1. Utah*
T4. UCLA
T4. Washington
T6. Washington State
T6. Arizona State
8. Oregon State
T9. Cal
T9. Stanford
T11. Arizona
T11. Colorado
*Tie-breaker winners who’ll get to the Pac-12 Championship.

Why is almost every predictor going with Cal and OSU as losses. OSU is at least an away game but Cal? What coolade are they drinking (or been smoking or mushrooms)

I would think it would be BYU or Utah.  But what do I know? Go Ducks Fly High.11/1 this year

On 7/27/2022 at 10:33 AM, Duck 1972 said:

Why is almost every predictor going with Cal and OSU as losses. OSU is at least an away game but Cal? What coolade are they drinking (or been smoking or mushrooms)

I would think it would be BYU or Utah.  But what do I know? Go Ducks Fly High.11/1 this year

Because Mario seemed to choke up a loss agaisnt a team we should beat every year. Mario ball played not to lose, not win. So he ended up in games late he could have won long ago. Mario is a one-line minimum better on a penny slot type of guy.

2019 ASU

2020 Cal and OSU

2021 Stanford

Seems like these guys feel projecting a bad loss is a safe bet. I think Lanning will change that on a dime this year.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think Utah comes out of the South undefeated.  May have a loss to Florida's athletes to start season.  Games at hot, humid, Florida.  But they will face Ducks without a Pac-12 loss, I think.  

Ducks lose to Georgia, at Georgia, by 17.   BYU will test our defensive line.   We win a nail biter.  Then like Utah we go undefeated in conference play. 

We have an SEC coach, and SEC QB, and the #1 nationally ranked O line, along with a top five nationally ranked linebacker squad.  Beat Utah and that resume will put us in playoffs against Bama.   

To optimistic?  Maybe, but show me why.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I could see us losing to the Beavs or Cougs before losing to Cal at Autzen.

I don’t count the Ducks out in the ATL v Georgia.  

Veteran offensive line and QB, an abundance of skill, talent, and a new higher powered offense coupled with a experienced talented front seven and aggressive defense going against a talented but newly replaced and reshuffled Georgia defense while the offense comes out with several replacements on an offensive line that protects a shorter less mobile QB. 

I don’t see a 17.5 disparity in talent and having come off of a victory in Columbus don’t think many Ducks will feel intimidated. If the Duck coaches can coach the talent is there. 

If the Ducks manage a victory in Georgia anything is possible going forward.  If not BYU looks awfully big. 

How many losses is unacceptable? 3,4? Am I spoiled AND delusional? Are we there yet? I have to go to the bathroom? How much loooonger? 99 bottles of 🤦🏻‍♂️🤪

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

On 7/27/2022 at 5:36 PM, Vandownbytheriverduck said:

I don’t count the Ducks out in the ATL v Georgia.  

Veteran offensive line and QB, an abundance of skill, talent, and a new higher powered offense coupled with a experienced talented front seven and aggressive defense going against a talented but newly replaced and reshuffled Georgia defense while the offense comes out with several replacements on an offensive line that protects a shorter less mobile QB. 

I don’t see a 17.5 disparity in talent and having come off of a victory in Columbus don’t think many Ducks will feel intimidated. If the Duck coaches can coach the talent is there. 

If the Ducks manage a victory in Georgia anything is possible going forward.  If not BYU looks awfully big. 

How many losses is unacceptable? 3,4? Am I spoiled AND delusional? Are we there yet? I have to go to the bathroom? How much loooonger? 99 bottles of 🤦🏻‍♂️🤪

I gave Georgia 7 points for having 100,000 fans there in what is essentially a home game.  3 points for having a more experienced coach. I gave 7 more because they will come after us with same intensity as they would playing Alabama.  (Maybe more).  They will run baby run.  I look to go down by two TD's quickly, then play them even the rest of the way.  I agree they aren't 17.5 points better talent wise.  On a neutral field, a year from now, it would be a toss-up IMO.  

• Thumbs Up 1