Pennsylvania Duck

How Many Games Do You Think the Ducks Will Win?

The schedule is below. How many games do you think OBD will win? I will track and let you know winners at the end of the season. Guesses must be in by 8/4/22.

Edited by Pennsylvania Duck

11-1 I'm really an optimist going into this season!  Stanford, Washington, UCLA, and Utah are home games.  Edge to Oregon!

Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 3

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/28/2022 at 12:03 PM, Smith72 said:

11-1 I'm really an optimist going into this season!  Stanford, Washington, UCLA, and Utah are home games.  Edge to Oregon!

Go Ducks!

Include BYU at home too

• Thumbs Up 3

10-2

Losses will be Georgia and (I know its a home game but...) Utah. Hopefully I am proven wrong....On both accounts!

• Go Ducks! 1

9-3 with our losses coming in Atlanta, the Palouse and home against Utah.

• Go Ducks! 1

10-2

Losses to Georgia & UCLA

• Go Ducks! 1

Losses to Georgia, 

50/50 games BYU, UCLA, and UTAH.    

IF we develop a run game like most in here believe we will, and if BO lights it up like I believe he will, we could legitimately go 11-1 and be playing Alabama.  

But I need to see the Defensive line and run game this year first.   Georgia will be telling.

• Thumbs Up 1

9-3

Definite loss to GA'

The other two are up for grabs. 

• Go Ducks! 1

Don't laugh.......12-0. 

Of course Georgia looks tough.....but.....spend some time matching up the rosters. Its all about Nix and whether new coaching has stepped him up. 

If so, good things....if not......Oregon will lose this game. 

Other than the Georgia game.......Oregon has better talent than any other team they play and the tougher games are at home. 

Edited by fred flintstone
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/28/2022 at 2:13 PM, fred flintstone said:

Don't laugh.......12-0. 

Of course Georgia looks tough.....but.....spend some time matching up the rosters. Its all about Nix and whether new coaching has stepped him up. 

If so, good things....if not......Oregon will lose this game. 

Other than the Georgia game.......Oregon has better talent than any other team they play and the tougher games are at home. 

utah is pretty loaded on the lines and backfield and have a proven QB

• Go Ducks! 1

I'll jump on the 11-1 bandwagon.  

As Mike Leach said after he beat us (again), imagine if I had Oregon's players.  Well, Lanning and Co. do have Oregon's players.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

10-2 feels about right.

A loss to UG and one of the Utah schools. All close games.

• Go Ducks! 1

They have a punchers chance against UGA, a coin flip against Utah and should be favored the rest of the schedule so I’d say heads 11-1 but could be tails 10-2.

• Thumbs Up 2

This could be the most talented roster the Ducks have ever fielded.  This could also be the most talented coaching staff Oregon has ever assembled.  A ton of unknowns but looks super promising. 

Going out on a limb here. Oregon catches lightning in a bottle and beats the defending champs. Supercharged the buy-in and confidence to sweep regular season. 

Blows out Utes in conf championship. Takes down tOSU in semi then dismantling Bama for a perfect 15-0 and a National Championship. 

It's pre-season and I am a fan of a highly talented Duck team. This is sport and the plausibility factor is high. Until Ducks lose, I believe 15.

• Mic drop 3

I would say 9-3, but win the north and the conference.  Here is why

Completely new coaching staff, with new offensive and defensive schemes.  

Replacing leading passer, receiver, and rusher on offense.

Replacing the leader in sacks and interceptions on defense.

Difficult schedule to start the year with Georgia and BYU.

There is a tremendous amount of talent on this team, but it just feels like we are going to take a few lumps when you look at the situation objectively.  Hopefully I am wrong and talent will bridge those gaps, but that is asking a lot.        

Edited by GeotechDuck
  • Go Ducks! 1

On 7/28/2022 at 8:44 PM, GeotechDuck said:

There is a tremendous amount of talent on this team, but it just feels like we are going to take a few lumps when you look at the situation objectively.  Hopefully I am wrong and talent will bridge those gaps, but that is asking a lot.        

I say 8-4 for the same reason. UGA, of course, but I also think BYU gets them at home. Then, they will lose two conference games. One against Utah and another one that they shouldn’t lose.

• Oh no! 1

On 7/28/2022 at 5:44 PM, GeotechDuck said:

Not a bad post. I see it as how many games we can possibly lose with our talent, and that number is two.

UGA and Utah. 

If we were in the SEC we would be tied for 5th with Florida in blue-chip talent behind Bama, UGA, Texas aTm, LSU

If we were in the B1G its The OSU and Ducks at #2

If we were in the Big12 its' Chokelahoma, Texas and Ducks. 

We have new offensive scheme that will make defenses defend the more than 12 yards deep and we don't have the Tendencies we did under Mario.

In 2019 we broke Tendencies against Utah and Wisconsin by running Herbs and they didn't know what hit them. 

We have Lanning so our D scheme is going to be as GOOD as it gets, he will unleash our talent. Dilly has chops and will be an upgrade from Moorehead being shackled by Mario.

Cardwell, we know is good, Dollars has plenty of talent, the transfers also. Dilly had a good run game at Memphis, we are fine.

Franklin was #41 and Thorton like #51 on the 247 Composite, the rest of the WR's are all top 200 guys, we won't miss Devon, JJ, Pitt or Redd. 

We didn't have KT all year and part of the time he wasn't 100%. We got DJ, Swinny, Dorlus solid pass rush guys! Flowe and Sewell will be used by Lanning in his elite blitz schemes, we will have a better pass rush this year by far.

Veron had a great year the media made him an All-American and he didn't get drafted! Just shows the media are stupid for the most part. We lost Wright but got Gonzo, 5-star Mannings time is now. We got Bennett, Stephans will all kinds of game snaps, along with Bridges, Addison as the long rangy back-end guys. 

Tosh was a DC at Bama for one year and back from the NFL and has Lanning to lean on. Dilly has got this no problem he's been groomed for this, Klemm is back from the NFL to college. 

The only thing I'm sweating is if we get elite QB play. The only two game we have an excuse for losing is Utah and UGA

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 1

If you haven't added your win prediction yet, do so by tomorrow. I am tracking and will let you know how successful you were at the end of the season.

Schedule is at top of post. I've already got the above predictions recorded.

I see two losses before the bye week, probably Georgia and BYU or Wazoo.

I see one loss after the bye week, most likely Utah or UCLA.

That's 9-3 with one or two conference losses.  If it's one, we're in the conference championship, with two probably not.

The key this year IMHO is a stout defense that gives the offense (especially at QB) time to develop.  If our defense plays up to it's full potential (and we stay healthy), we could go 10-2.  I don't see an 11-win regular season, we would have to run the table after a Georgia loss (still giving us a chance here, but being realistic).

Edited by noDucknewby

I'm in at 14 wins. My reasoning is simple. it goes beyond talent and experience, which this team is full of, it's a matter of heart. I do believe that our Ducks were unraveling because of the poor game planning and management of the previous leadership, the rot was evident like termite damage left unchecked.

The young men want to win and seem to believe they can now. They want to win for because of pride, their future possibilities and now have a greater battle cry in the passing of a fallen brother. Coach has proven that he knows how to adjust and learn when things are going wonky,  that in itself would have won the conference last year even with the poor game management. 

I guess my point is that where there is breath there's hope and where there is hope the heart drives a person to overcome and win against life's challenges. 

Go Ducks

• Thumbs Up 1

15-0 is my fantasy world best case winning the Mega Millions jackpot type scenario.

12-2 is my realistic best case scenario including winning the Pac championship and winning the Rose Bowl.

10-4 is what I think is most likely to happen including the Pac championship and a bowl game. 

On 8/3/2022 at 9:50 AM, DCDuckfan said:

15-0 is my fantasy world best case winning the Mega Millions jackpot type scenario.

12-2 is my realistic best case scenario including winning the Pac championship and winning the Rose Bowl.

10-4 is what I think is most likely to happen including the Pac championship and a bowl game. 

What is your prediction for regular season only? Where are losses?

I am going 11 - 1 with the loss coming against Georgia. I believe we have more overall talent than any team we play except the Bulldogs. The new coaching staff is going to have the Ducks playing at the level they are capable of performing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/3/2022 at 9:56 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

What is your prediction for regular season only? Where are losses?

Regular season with losses:

10-2 with losses at UGA and BYU.  Season starts off tough but DL gets it going and builds momentum for next years title run (12-2 with postseason).

9-3 with losses to UGA, BYU, Utah.  We get to the Pac championship game and lose again to Utah but go on to win the bowl game (10-4 with postseason)

Edited by DCDuckfan

Underdogs: UGA, Slight favorites: BYU, Coin flip: Utah. Should win: Everybody else. Under Mario, I'd say all three close picks are losses and throw in another loss from the should win column. This coaching staff appears to be the real deal but maybe there's some learning curve miscues to over come in season one. Sense I've seen nothing to indicate anything less than A+ from the coaching staff so far, I'd say they beat BYU and Utah in some nail biters, take care of the rest and finish 11-1.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Ducks will go 11-1, losing to the WSU Cougs that sneak up on them.

9-3. But I want 13-0

I'll take 13-0. I believe this team is comparable to 2010 team in talent but mostly motivation.