Notalot

Pac-12 Media Days: View From CBS

george-kliavkoff-getty.jpg
WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Pac-12 Media Day will feature new coaches and pressing questions about the league's future

Precisely this:

Riley and UCLA's Chip Kelly will probably put on a smile and recite the official company lines about how great of an opportunity it is to join the Big Ten. We might even hear about how wonderfully enriching it'll be for the student-athletes to experience the cultural ambiance of Piscataway, New Jersey, while visiting Rutgers.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/28/2022 at 1:25 PM, 30Duck said:

how wonderfully enriching it'll be for the student-athletes

Maybe they can keep their frequent flyer miles and it will all be worth it!

I believe it'll be USC media day. Won't watch, I don't want to hear anymore about the annointed one's.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/28/2022 at 5:21 PM, Duck 1972 said:

I believe it'll be USC media day. Won't watch, I don't want to hear anymore about the annointed one's.

Yeah.... This year I'm going to just read and watch the Duck stuff later. I don't need to hear about how great USC is going to be especially when they are traitors to the conference. 

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest Axel

I think it would be helpful to the attendees of this event if the Pac-12 schools were divided into two groups. No, not the North Division schools and the South Division schools. 

I propose a more realistic division--the Loyal schools, of which there are 10, and the Backstabber schools, of which there are two-- and I need not even mention this rabble by name.

The coaches and player representatives are usually the main attraction of the media days. This year Commissioner Kliavakoff will have my attention more than the coaches or players.

It is sad, but true that the governance of the conference, conference strategies, negotiations with other conferences  and the negotiations for media rights make the coach and player conversations pale by comparison this year.

Unfortuanately, we are unlikely to learn much about the big issues.

• Go Ducks! 1