Charles Fischer

Whoa! Surprises in the 2022 College Football Brand Rankings

Oregon at No. 9 is close to the No. 7 in global fan base, and the only complaint I have is TAMU ahead of us?  When Dano gets us going--we will be in Top-5?

Ducks ahead of Notre Dame?  Wowsa...look where USC and Washington are.  Whew!

2022-college-football-brand-rankings-rel
WWW.ON3.COM

College Sports website Official Visit releases top 40 college football programs according to their brand ranking survey

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

surveyed 1,000 college football players”

Would find it interesting to know who the 1000 players play for. 

Find it hard to believe that Michigan would be below Ole Miss and UNC in a college football brand discussion. 

I am a little biased though lol

• Thumbs Up 2

I read this earlier. Oregon is the only remaining PAC 12 team (LA schools not included) in the top 35. Miami is 10 which seems surprising, but they do have 5 championships and a 30 for 30 special on ESPN.

The reason I think this survey is BS is Texas anywhere in the top 20. They haven’t been relevant in 30 years.

I lived in Austin, and people there didn’t even like Longhorn football. 

• Wow 1

Have you ever met a person born in Texas?  A good percentage of them are passionate Texas people.  You add in sports and then it makes total sense about Texas and Texas A&M regardless of how good they have been.

We also have to remember, we are not 18-22 year olds.  We probably don't see 1/2 of what is put out there.  This must have been a really recent poll because no way UNC makes it without all they hype they had before going into the 2021 season.

In the 2002 (?) rankings? Thought those were settled twenty years later. 😉

It was a typo.  The article does say 2022.

As a person who remembers watching Texas beating Arkansas 15-14, Nebraska beat Oklahoma 35-31 and USC coming back from 24-0 to beat Notre Dame 55-24, the order seems weird on a few.  But I must remember these are rankings by younger folks and not name recognition from someone who has been around for awhile.