Pennsylvania Duck

5-star Oregon WR Jurrion Dickey Picks Up Offer from Georgia Bulldogs

All this activity makes me nervous.

AAXnP0X.img?h=315&w=600&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=f
WWW.MSN.COM

The Oregon Ducks bought in early on 5-star wide receiver Jurrion Dickey. They were rewarded. When Oregon started recruiting...

On 7/29/2022 at 11:25 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

All this activity makes me nervous.

AAXnP0X.img?h=315&w=600&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=f
WWW.MSN.COM

The Oregon Ducks bought in early on 5-star wide receiver Jurrion Dickey. They were rewarded. When Oregon started recruiting...

I can just hear other coaches filling young minds with stuff about the future of Oregon and the PAC. You gotta know it's going on.

There is a truism that says once a candidate verbally commits, it just lets the other programs know who they are competing against. 

Yeah, realignment FUD will be a thing.  But it’s also good to see articles about how the B1G isn’t done and that Oregon is on the list.  

IOW, the program is set and isn’t going to  fall into oblivion 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I tend to believe the last sentence of the article.

"With Dante Moore in the fold, though, the Ducks should feel confident that they can keep their elite pass-catcher, though."

• Like 1

This makes me nervous as well.  But as long as we have Dante Moore and what is presumably a more explosive passing offense this upcoming season then Jurrion should be sticking around.

He is a lock to be a Duck per Hoffman

I never consider anyone a lock until there is ink on paper.  Just me but I don’t assume anything.  These kids change their minds on a dime and off course that is part of being young but until he signs I have concerns.

On 7/29/2022 at 11:55 AM, DUCati855 said:

the Ducks should feel confident

Confidence isn't always a good thing.  It's a warning that Oregon needs to keep up the recruiting fight but the salient point is that Moore and Dickey are a potent combination for the 2023 class.

On 7/29/2022 at 7:42 PM, Augduck said:

I never consider anyone a lock until there is ink on paper.  Just me but I don’t assume anything.  These kids change their minds on a dime and off course that is part of being young but until he signs I have concerns.

With the new rules that were suggested with regard to transfers, ink on the paper may be meaningless.

On 7/29/2022 at 3:28 PM, AllOregon said:

He is a lock to be a Duck per Hoffman

Props to Brandon Huffman of 247 for telling me this in person at a charity event almost 5 months ago. (And sorry for my original typo).

Signed and delivered, the drama is over.